Training youth players?

From what I have read, youth coaches don't really go much. What determines attribute increases (for external influences) are, training and the quality of it, playing games in the first team, and tutoring. So you probably need some sort of youth training for them, it is up to you whether you want to give them a general one, or a specific one catered to their positions.

Apparantly if they are too young and unable to make it into your 1st team and no one wants them on loan, throwing them in your U18 squad is suppposedly better than letter them rot in your 1st team as they get to play U18 games. Someone did mention that young players need around 10-12 games per season as the sweet spot for 1st team experience.

Personally, I feel that not all loan even though they get regular 1st team action can be all good. I sent my 20 yr old centreback to a Coca Cola Championship team for 6 months and he came back losing attributes. Probably the level is too low. He did great last season though when I got him into a premier league team for 1 season.

Archived