[Question] Anyone here cheated before~~~~~

As stated above. Does anyone of you here cheated before in FM????:p:p

As in,you manage both teams in same file. For example.

I Manage both Real Madrid And Barcelona.

For sure Messi wouldn't join Real Madrid,even if RM bids a high amount. So what i do was,i forced Messi to have mutual termination of contract. If he is unwilling,he will feel sad and angry. Then i transfer-listed him. His reaction would be expecting to leave club in near future.

Then Using My real Madrid team,i bid Messi for €1. I accept it from barcelona side,saying he is unsettled from club.

Then done deal,Messi off to RM for €1.

I do this quite frequently to get star players to RM cheaply.:o

For those who don't know,you can try it out. Without splashing Transfer money.;)

If you're going to do that, wouldn't it just be a lot easier to go into the in-game editor and place Messi on Real Madrid from the start?

well,at least to me by doing so...

the fun element is still there.

Cause Messi "literally transfer" to Real Madrid.

And for those who manage teams that have a small transfer budget,this similar method can be done too.:D

Well, I cheat ALL the time! But instead of buying Messi, I just buy a totally crap player from an obscure club for free. Once he joins my club, I use the venerable FMRTE to make the player a legend! People may say that this isn't fun but this is sure fun for me! :D

By the way, it is also not fun losing a match!

I have been playing football manager to years and champ man before it and I have never ever cheated! Think it is pointless when you cheat. Ruins the game for me. I like the game to be as realistic as possible :)

Due to the awful transfer system, I did this quite a lot on older versions of FM. I did, however, bid realistic amounts for players and sold them as my alter-ego in the other club. Seeing as in today's FM it is much easier to buy and sell players, I have no need to do it any more.

But as far as buying players for next to nothing; go ahead. Whatever makes you happy :thup:

I feel 10 times dumber for reading the OP :C

you're actually very rude, you know that? I've seen many of your posts in recent times that you talk like scumbag when any poster doesn't share your view. :thdn:

Well, I cheat ALL the time! But instead of buying Messi, I just buy a totally crap player from an obscure club for free. Once he joins my club, I use the venerable FMRTE to make the player a legend! People may say that this isn't fun but this is sure fun for me! :D

By the way, it is also not fun losing a match!

I know its not fun to lose mate, but thats football isn't it?? I think I'd get a bit bored knowing I could win every game!

I have before, but i usually then lose interest and achievements don't mean as much to me! So i try and avoid it, although when its me and a mate, we used to use FMM to modify our players to be gods :p

By letter of the law of cheating yes, but usually to create interesting scenarios such as for a network game a couple years ago, wiped mine and my mates team of players, staff etc. Gave us both big budgets but medium range reputations, with difficult to please chairmen. It also provided a fairer base for "who is the better" between us two, as the only differences came out being team and stadium name at the start of the game. We had a good battle trying to break into the top 4, but he spent big and failed 2 years running and his chairman pulled the plug on financing and it left him with a huge financial blackhole.

I've noticed from the couple FM forums I visit, that the avg age of players is under 18, sometimes well under.

But if you want to spend your money playing the game in a way it's not meant to be, thats your choice. Reminds me of little kids playing monopoly, sometimes they don't even stick to the paths.

I tend to have 2 games going at a time, 1 pure and 1 where I cheat like a bitch (My self and some friends added as super players, use FMRTE to scout out good regens). The cheating game tends to go on longer and be more fun.

I tend to have 2 games going at a time, 1 pure and 1 where I cheat like a bitch (My self and some friends added as super players, use FMRTE to scout out good regens). The cheating game tends to go on longer and be more fun.

Yeah I do the 2 game thing, the sinful save often gets me back into the swing of it when I get frustrated at the other. Also enjoy putting myself in the sinful save as a world beating number 10, loads of fun lol.

The old Champ Mans didnt have the option, if you wanted to exit you HAD to save. the only option was just to press the off switch, but that isnt good for the computer

I cheated bit when I was young, getting players easier, taking over the oppostion etc, but that was as a kid.

Now cheatingseems pointless, playing a game thinking "if i lose i'll just play it again" renders the whole challenge pointless. Its hard wehen you're stuck with a s*** team who you cant get to win, but the challenge is to get out of it.

I only would in some horrible bug circumstances. I read once someone picked their team and went to start their match, and in the formaitons it showed them having no players at all, and it went to the match screen being 11 vs 0 men with the score reaching 40 odd. for bugs like that i would restart

seems pointless tbh..

to me .. the only thing that separates FM from a spreadsheet is the realism that it injects by way of winning , losing and the pressures these things can bring to your players and to us as manager..

take these pressures away by taking zizou zidane to stockport county or by taking joe bloggs , a reject from brightons reserves to man utd and making him into maradona reborn takes any sense of the game away..

to me... its like playing mario or sonic with a skip level button on and just mashing it..

insta-win button but slower if you will.

and to the total ingred to said losing isnt much fun.... this is a simulation , winning and losing is part of the game, and mroe than that.. its basically the whole tagline of football... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose... the whole point of the game is how to deal with the rollercoaster that is football..

forgive my old man routine.. but its exactly whats wrong with the games of today...

and i for one miss the old days where games were harder and harsher on the gamer.. they were actually a challenge... these days , if you fail, its not even a case of start the level again, its ' oh i didnt like how i did that' and reverse time to 5 seconds earlier to do it again..

rant over

It is cheating as you are supposed to play the game without knowing these stats and use scouts for potential. I do not mind if people cheat or not at the end of the day it is their game and not mine, if it gives you enjoyment then that is all that matters. I have cheated in the past I like to have a cheat game with Sunderland give them some cash and put myself on the game with a PA of 200 but I haven't done that on FM10 yet.

It's not huge cheating such as taking over the opposition, but it is in the sense that you are uncovering all the gems before they develop or without discovering/scouting which isn't what happens in real life. Also, you are setting your team up with an unfair advantage seems you will have a team of superstars in 5-10 years.

i dont sign all the regens with high pa's, just the ones i think could be a use in my team, plus ive started to limit my signings due to only signing English players from now on, and not all the regens with PA's of 190+ actually achieve that, for example i have 2 regens that are PA 200, one is currently at 199 )age 23) and the other is only at 157 (same age) and there has been no interrfence apart from seeing the CA/PA.

As stated above. Does anyone of you here cheated before in FM????:p:p

As in,you manage both teams in same file. For example.

I Manage both Real Madrid And Barcelona.

For sure Messi wouldn't join Real Madrid,even if RM bids a high amount. So what i do was,i forced Messi to have mutual termination of contract. If he is unwilling,he will feel sad and angry. Then i transfer-listed him. His reaction would be expecting to leave club in near future.

Then Using My real Madrid team,i bid Messi for €1. I accept it from barcelona side,saying he is unsettled from club.

For those who don't know,you can try it out. Without splashing Transfer money.;)

I have cheated a few times back when I was a kid. Ever since I found cheating to ruin my fun as no success would ever feel like being my achievement anymore.

Especially with Real Madrid you should be ablt to win anything without cheating. But if it's fun to you, just go ahead. Just don't come back and ask for praise after you won everything with Real.

i dont use fmrte but i dont consider it cheating either. its fair to say though my success means more than someone elses who has to use this method

In the past (at least 10 years ago) I did use FMScout (or the Nygreen one). Just to find the reincarnation of the retired superstars.

Nowadays I don't cheat anymore in that way, although I do sometimes create some sons of former club legends - but that is usually the beginning of the end of a save for me and strangely does add some extra years of interest to an already ending save....

An example: I created David Bergkamp, Aidan Keane and Zach Giggs on my game once. I actually used wikipedia to find out the real life names of Keane and Giggs's sons...

i dont use fmrte but i dont consider it cheating either. its fair to say though my success means more than someone elses who has to use this method

sorry, but "it is fair" to say that according to whom? I don't blame you, you obviously don't know how fmrte works! If you use it for signing players for free for example then it is cheating and you should consider it cheating. Using it to change your team's colors (I changed Thame's colors from black and red to orange and blue), is not cheating so your success doesn't count more than mine ;) see why your statement is wrong ;)

sorry, but "it is fair" to say that according to whom? I don't blame you, you obviously don't know how fmrte works! If you use it for signing players for free for example then it is cheating and you should consider it cheating. Using it to change your team's colors (I changed Thame's colors from black and red to orange and blue), is not cheating so your success doesn't count more than mine ;) see why your statement is wrong ;)

Changing your teams colours isn't cheating, its editing. Unless you can change your teams kit colour to sunlight yellow, and it actually glows like a sun then it might be cheating because you're blinding the opposition each time you play them.

However, it is fair, considering that for something to be fair it has to be qualified from everyone on an even footing, if you use an editor to get an advantage you start ahead or above them and therefore it is no longer fair. So if you were to cheat, his success does count as being a 'greater' success because he did it without artificially elevating his starting platform.

But seriously how can you interpret changing a teams kit colours as cheating? Teams have to sometimes change kit colours on a matchday because both kits clash with their opponents, clubs also change kits annualy.

Sadly I just did it to SELL players.

I'm in the 14/15 season with Liverpool and I BADLY needed to cut my wage budget and I wanted to concentrate on Youth but no matter what I did I couldn't get anyone to bid AT ALL on Mascherano or Higuain...so I created a new manager and took over Atletico Madrid and signed them both for $25 million. I figured that was plenty fair as Atletico could afford them and could use them. Both players are extremely happy and are part of a First 11 for an Atletico side that is challenging Barca and Real now.

Changing your teams colours isn't cheating, its editing. Unless you can change your teams kit colour to sunlight yellow, and it actually glows like a sun then it might be cheating because you're blinding the opposition each time you play them.

However, it is fair, considering that for something to be fair it has to be qualified from everyone on an even footing, if you use an editor to get an advantage you start ahead or above them and therefore it is no longer fair. So if you were to cheat, his success does count as being a 'greater' success because he did it without artificially elevating his starting platform.

But seriously how can you interpret changing a teams kit colours as cheating? Teams have to sometimes change kit colours on a matchday because both kits clash with their opponents, clubs also change kits annualy.

Sorry but where exactly did you see that I called changing the colors cheating? please read better

I used to cheat......then I learned some things about how to play this game so I stopped.

Victory is only truly sweet when you have felt the agony of defeat.

Sorry but where exactly did you see that I called changing the colors cheating? please read better

You wrote about how changing your teams colours does not mean your successes are any less earned than his? Ergo you are suggesting it as though changing colours could/should be interpreted as having cheated. You don't state it, but to mention it implies that it is viewed as cheating somewhere down the line to state its not devaluing your game achievements.

Arijit + Aim_Less

You know what's rude? This topic is rude. It insults the intelligence of a person with an average IQ (no not ICQ) of 80. Besides I never make jokes with ill intent and I pity the fool who takes offense at some lighthearted sillyness.

Besides I'm an a*hole I'm not supposed to be nice :D

Why not just do it for £0. :confused:

CONFESSION TIME!!!! After losing in the championship play-offs four times in as many years, i saved the game before playing my semi-final 2nd leg. I went out on pens and (shame) exited with no save. Next time won through and got into final. Won final at first attempt to get the mighty Shrewsbury Town into the premiership for the 1st time. Do i feel i cheated.....YES, however this feeling pales to insignificance how i would have coped with a 5TH year failure!!! Now 5 games into the prem, 1 point on the board. Maybe i made a mistake!!!!

Archived