Few Questions about Loaning Players out

Hey All,

Just got a few quick questions about loaning players out to other clubs.

1) Is it realistic to ask for money when your offering to loan out your player to other clubs? Or, is that only really done when your going to give the option to the other club to buy the player at the end of the loan period.

2) In terms of who to loan out, is it sensible to loan out my 16-17 yr old players? Or should I wait till they turn 18, pass the youth league naturally, then loan them out when they hit the reserves instead.

3) One last silly question, but I assume if I loan out a player that's between 16-21, even though he is not with the club for that period of time, it won't effect his progress to being considered Home Grown for the Club right?

That's pretty much all I got, thanks in advance everyone for the help! :)

1) I guess it depends how good the player is, who you are and how much you want him to be loaned out.

A player with a lot of potential but not in your first team you should be able to get a fee for but you won't be able to recall him at any stage. On the other hand if you are struggling for offers and you don't need the money then let him go to gain experience.

2) Personal choice but I tend to wait until they've played at least one full season in the youth team on full training which means at least 18yo.

3) No idea but I would also like it confirmed.

Alright,

thanks for the input there, that's going to help me decide who I'm going to loan out for the start of the season and all. If anyone happens to know the answer to question #3 though, about the Home Grown Status situation while on loan, let us know.

thanks,

Archived