Mod'ing game

Hi guys, It's just a thought I know it'll probably will never happen but for the guys who's play Counter Strike, Valve released the Source engine and they've got loads of 'mod games' like DoD, CS, Insurgency and I was thinking maybe it would be great if SI could do this and this would expand our game like people suggesting to add Chairman mode maybe it could be a Mod Game or like Player Game type mod etc but being realistic I know this will never happen.

(if this doesn't make sense, let me know)

I've brought this up before, but the ability of the community to mod a game is often underestimated by developers. It is a shame, because allowing a game to be easily moddable is the easiest way to turn a good game into a legendary game.

The way Football Manager is made from seperate modules should mean that it is possible to mod areas of the game without affecting other areas. This would mean users could download different mods and combine them easily.

Graphical components of the game are already moddable: I remember a program which modded different parts of FM07, which changed things like the nets/goals/balls etc.

Archived