Am I a horrible person?

So my story goes as this> I'm in 2018 making my 4th year at Feirense, in 2015-2016 season I built a team that achieved promotion wining the Portugeuse second league. In 2016-2017 I got relegated straight away, my two goalkeepers Perreira (Portuguese 24 year old decent goalie) and Mezera (Argentine 27 year old goalie, who was amongst my first signing 4 years ago).

As you might think I'm in debt a huge one, so I decide to sell couple of my star players to balance my budget, so of course I sell Perreira *sigh* and brilliantly I decide to go into the season with only Mezera as the senior goalie in my team.

Well the season goes quite well I only have 4 games left and lead the league with a 5 point advantage. So when is the better timing for Mezera to overextend himself in training injuring his back and possibly out between 4-5 weeks.

Now you see there's no way i can register another goalkeeper, so I decide that I order him to take an injection. Against Chaves in the next game we win 1-0 (I was instructing everyone to keep the ball away from the goal, slow passing, push up etc), I have to mention that in the 88' minute Mezera made a fantastic save keeping us the 3 points.

Now I'm ordering him to take another injection, if he goes out there's the summer to recover.

Am I a horrible person, mind you I never before at any club did I order one of my players to take a shot. :(

You make me laugh.

I feel bad for him though, he's the only player who never complains and he comes from Barcelona's youth team.

Oh well 2 games to go. I hope I don't aggravate his injury even more.

Thanks guys :D If I have to reply seriously I'll agree with the posts above - it's just a game you are not a horrible person for playing a game. (unless it's a neo-nazi game but this one is not)

edit:

See that edgar555 aka Isaac Cox ? They laugh, I make people laugh :D And you make them cry :C

you're not forcing him to do anything, he can reject your decision, oh and by the way so long as you're not forcing a player to do it irl you can't be classed as a horrible person. Its only a game after all.

No, Football Manager is NOT just a game! It is more important than life and death! :D

Most players IRL that I work with (high school level in the U.S.) want to be on the field at all costs. It takes us removing them for injury rather than us forcing them to play through an injury. I had a girl this last season who received two concussions and was furious that she had to miss four games until the doctors cleared her to play. In her first game back, she was using her head on the ball out there like nothing had ever happened. The point is that it is always a gamble to ask a player to play through pain and only the coach, player and TEAM doctor (not independent doctor) can make that decision together. I have occasionally asked a player on FM to do it; unfortunately, I have never seen a player agree to it on FM...

I've never resorted to that, but then again I never had something similar happen before a vital match.

Normally I just let a youth or even grey player play a week or two. I keep small squads, so it's happened a lot, and tbh they've never played horrible.

I just don't believe in my eyes for some replies in here... Some people must get out of the basement and get a life. For God's sake. Get real

Hm.. you are 24 and completely failing to grasp the concept of irony and/or sarcasm :D Who needs to get out of the basement now cabron :D

Possibly change your formation and play 5 at the back and get as many bodies between the ball and your keeper as you can.

You do know that by giving him injections you are adding a few weeks onto his recovery time?

Well if anyone is interested:

He managed to hold on 3 games in a row which we won 1-0 all of them.

For the last game of the season the option disappeared and I could only accept the fact that he is injured. Thankfully we won the league and gained promotion.

Archived