Multi-Lingual Players

Does anyone know if the game makes allowances in situations where players have a common language with other players of different nationalities on their team, even if they don't speak the team's home language?

I've kind of presumed it does for years, but my latest signing (a Ukrainian-born Hungarian bought from France) inspired the question after I got asked about the language barrier in a press conference; I've got three Frenchmen and a Congolese on the squad and three of those start regularly, so there's French speakers there for him.

It certainly didn't in FM09- people complained about Arsenal's players needing English even if they spoke French. I don't know if that has changed, but I'm fairly sure it hasn't.

One way of thinking about it- how's he going to buy things in shops, and stuff? It isn't easy settling into a strange country if you don't speak the language.

At atletico madrid, half my squad is portuguese after buying moutinho and veloso, and hulk and sandro was another portuguese speaking addition. Since half of the squad speaks portuguese, and I am not prompted about players having trouble communicating, I like to believe that its fixed.

Archived