No middle ground in manager contract negotiations?

Is it just me or does the chairman only wants me to accept HIS demands, not my demands. He doesn't even give a bit more than his original offer. The two clubs who offered me a contract when I was still employed, Anderlecht and Olympiakos, offered me LESS wages and shorter contract, also refused my demands, or even improve their offer a bit. Is this just me, or do others have this too? I was at Toronto FC for 2.5 years, winning everything (except Club World Championship), and gives me tiny wages ($250,000 US annually). Anderlecht and Olympiakos offers me $125,000 US annually on a two-year contract, both 'To win the league in two seasons'. Why can't the chairman give me a bit more?

Is it just me or does the chairman only wants me to accept HIS demands, not my demands. He doesn't even give a bit more than his original offer. The two clubs who offered me a contract when I was still employed, Anderlecht and Olympiakos, offered me LESS wages and shorter contract, also refused my demands, or even improve their offer a bit. Is this just me, or do others have this too? I was at Toronto FC for 2.5 years, winning everything (except Club World Championship), and gives me tiny wages ($250,000 US annually). Anderlecht and Olympiakos offers me $125,000 US annually on a two-year contract, both 'To win the league in two seasons'. Why can't the chairman give me a bit more?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Considering you can't spend it, and it doesn't even affect your sackability, why sweat it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only offered a two-year contract every time, and considering the board confidence thing, my contract might not be renewed. Winning everything in sight at Plymouth to hopefully get a new contract.

Does an increase in wages help increase your rep?

I am managing in france with national rep but I want to move to english club. I apply but no luck.

When getting a new deal with my club Lille, if I get higher wages will it help get a better job elsewhere.

If not what is the point of wages?

Are they just aesthrtic purposes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

I kept being offered 2 year deals EVERY summer, so I negotiated for an extra year and got it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what happened when I was at TFC, except it was every December. I said I wanted 100K more a year, and they said no. Of course, since I'm now 2nd in Championship with Plymouth 25 games in and had a 1-1 draw with Man U in the League Cup semis 1st leg, I'm crossing my fingers to get a raise + longer contract icon_smile.gif

Its easy... I was getting paid about £68k per week, and got offered £100k p/w. I negotiated it to £150k p/w, and i got it. For my most recent offer, i got offered £180k p/w. I negotiated to £250k p/w and an extra year, and they went for it! I find it easy, looking for £300k p/w now, but got 2 weeks to wait

it can be done.i was at millwall,earning 2.5k p/w. Arsene Wenger had just left arsenal for da french national team job, after raymond domenech went to germany to replace joachim lowe who was sacked after a disappointing Euro 2008. arsenal offered me 40k p/w for 2 yrs. i asked for 60k p/w and 3 years and they accepted my demands

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Also, if you earn more money the board are less likely to sack you because it would cost more compensation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that proven or just a guess?

I've also had this "issue". I wouldn't say it bothered me much, but when I ask for only like, £100 pw extra wages and they say no, its annoying. They also NEVER EVER EVER offer me, or accept my request of more than a 2 year contract. I'm in season 27 now with the same club, icon_confused.gif, surely they can offer me a 5 year deal?

I successfully negotiated a better offer for the first time. PSV offered me a 2 year contract worth 750k/yr and I negotiated it to 850k/yr. I'm just thinking of whether to accept it or not... i asked for a new contract with Plymouth and they didn't respond yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

Ten!? Are you trying to insult me? Me? With a poor dying

grandmother...Ten!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif He's a very naughty boy icon_wink.gif

On topic: surely how flexible the chairman is depends on his attributes, which are hidden. So you'd experience different negotiations at different clubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

Ten!? Are you trying to insult me? Me? With a poor dying

grandmother...Ten!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif He's a very naughty boy icon_wink.gif

On topic: surely how flexible the chairman is depends on his attributes, which are hidden. So you'd experience different negotiations at different clubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

I always get my demands met. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seconded - can't say i've experienced what the OP is commenting about.

Archived