I was going to quit the Liverpool Job

at the end of the season in 2029, as it'd be the end of 8 glorious seasons there, and I want a new challenge, and my contract will run out then, despite my boards attempts to get me to sign a new one.

The thing is, speculation is arising as to my successor, and frankly, it's silly. The top choices are Dave Penney, a manager who has only managed an average Villa side, and an Arsenal team that's been challenging for Europa League places for the entirety my 8 year reign. Also in the frame is Nigel de Jong, who has only managed Man City in the past, for a year and a half with little success, and hasn't had a job for 4 years. I think it's ludicrous that they're being linked.

Firstly there should be a better class of manager linked to the job. People like Mourinho (been at Inter for entire duration thus far), Akinfeev(been in charge of quality Atletico and Werder Bremen teams that I've met in the CL, has a continental rep.), Guardiola, Lampard, etc, who are all highly rated and managing big clubs.

Or alternatively, they should be looking to my coaches or former players. Gerrard has done well at Birmingham and now at Man City, Torres has been an excellent Ass Man for years. Some of my coaches, N'Gog, Pandev, Fabregas, Shelvey all show an interest in management, and are popular at the club, sure'y they'd be better options than the ones the media is on about.

I guess I'll have to wait and see who takes over. I wish there was a way, as I'm leaving the club amicably and will be highly regarded, that I could give an indication of who'd I'd pick.

I wish there was a way, as I'm leaving the club amicably and will be highly regarded, that I could give an indication of who'd I'd pick.

Would certainly be quite a good addition to the game if you get favoured personell status or something and then maybe recommend your favourite from a shortlist. Not sure if it happens IRL though so perhaps won't go in.

Would certainly be quite a good addition to the game if you get favoured personell status or something and then maybe recommend your favourite from a shortlist. Not sure if it happens IRL though so perhaps won't go in.

True, it doesn't happen really, but that's because most of the time, a manager leaves to go to a bigger club, which will annoy the current club so they wouldn't be interested in his opinion, or a manager is sacked, in which case they certainly wouldn't rate his opinion.

I'd say that when Fergie goes, if he's so inclined to do so, they'll listen to his recommendations for who is to replace him. As in my game, I'm a legend of the club, so if it was reality, they'd value my opinion.

Archived