World Cup Patch = Gold Mine ??

If Sigames released patch that allowed you to play as all the national teams with the correct squads in the World Cup plus few skins and other images stuff and charged £5 for it they would of/could of make a lot of money,

Expanded on World cup Media etc etc

Start the patch just before your due to decide on your team, couple friendlies and then the World Cup,

Online World cup tournaments,

Interesting idea, but don't know will it be worth it on a game which has more long term appeal than playing a competition that took me 2 hours to play when I got Turkey there.

Also SI are probably developing FM2011 as we speak and probably don't want to be distracted (too many probablys).

While they are at it, SI can also release "live" database updates that update your database 24/7 and also limit FM saved games to 15 seasons.

Even better release a single player mode, so you can play the career of your favourite player in game for 4 seasons!

:thdn::rolleyes:

That was harsh, a simple no would have been better thanto try and make the poster look foolish in my opnion you look the fool.

My issue is we get three patches after fm is released and they're all free, reading one that costs no matter the price would seem like a rip off.

Sounds too much like an EA-type of move. Every four years you'd get the basic game minus the World Cup, then have to pay an additional charge to play the World Cup itself. Or, they could follow EA's example and start charging $2 a pop for player attribute boosts...bleh.

I dont think we should be making any suggestion that means we have to pay extra for it, just my view but we really shouldn't be giving games companies the idea that we are willing to pay for more and more content. Too many do it as it is.

Sounds too much like an EA-type of move. Every four years you'd get the basic game minus the World Cup, then have to pay an additional charge to play the World Cup itself. Or, they could follow EA's example and start charging $2 a pop for player attribute boosts...bleh.

That seems rather non sequitur to me...

It's a logical progression, as EA has already proven. Sell a product (in this case, a World Cup year for a football game) that leaves out one major aspect (the World Cup) and then charge players to play a World Cup-exclusive game. Then, offer ways to "boost" your game by paying for extra content that can give you an advantage over other players.

NHL10, for example, sells player boosts for $2 each...and there's well in excess of two dozen available. They can all be unlocked without purchase, but you'll have to jump through several hoops to unlock them...They've done this with their Madden and NCAA College Football franchises, as well.

Archived