Supporter culture/stadium atmosphere - another suggestion for the next game

I was just thinking that in real life, different clubs' supporters tend to have different characteristics. For example, Barcelona's fans are known for being pretty hardcore, while Real Madrid's fans are much calmer, according to what I've heard.

Whether you call it "stadium atmosphere" or something else, I'd love to see this part of real life football added to the game.

For example, when Man Utd played Milan at the San Siro this season, Ferguson said that the reason his players performed so badly at the start of the game was in part due to the 80 000 Milan supporters in the stands who created a very intimidating atmosphere inside the stadium.

We all know that away games in Turkey are much the same way, that Anfield at least used to be a scary place to go to, that the atmosphere in the stands at Stamford Bridge is supposedly comparable to that of a graveyard (I don't follow English football that closely, but I've heard the same about Old Trafford), etc etc.

And there's no doubt that in big matches, the atmosphere in the stadium can have a significant impact on player performances, boosting the home team and intimidating the away side. Players and managers frequently talk about this.

Of course it would be even more fun to have this as a part of the game if player mentality and experience also played a part in this, so that experienced and determined players rarely become intimidated during away games in hostile stadiums, while younger players may find it difficult to perform well in those circumstances, etc.

I think this would be a great way to make the game even more realistic. Thoughts?

Archived