Champions League Golden Boot Question

Alright lads,

Just a question, can someone confirm whether goals scored in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League count towards the 'European Champions Cup Golden Boot Award'? My boy Šenayim scored 11 in 12 games in the Champs league but finished third behind Eto'o (9 in 12) and Tevez (8 in 6) in the awards...the only reason I can think is because he bagged a handsome hat-trick against Brondby in the 3rd Qualifying Round...would this be it? Is that the situation in real life?

I lost the final on penalties to Real Madrid, at Wembley, after a 2-2 draw. Ledley scored twice in the first 25 minutes. Top lad.

Do let me know,

Dovus

X

Alright lads,

Just a question, can someone confirm whether goals scored in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League count towards the 'European Champions Cup Golden Boot Award'? My boy Šenayim scored 11 in 12 games in the Champs league but finished third behind Eto'o (9 in 12) and Tevez (8 in 6) in the awards...the only reason I can think is because he bagged a handsome hat-trick against Brondby in the 3rd Qualifying Round...would this be it? Is that the situation in real life?

I lost the final on penalties to Real Madrid, at Wembley, after a 2-2 draw. Ledley scored twice in the first 25 minutes. Top lad.

Do let me know,

Dovus

X

Havent thought about this before, but i guess thats the case. Same as in the World Cup, top scorer is the one who scores the most in the World Cup, not qualifying+WC.

Archived