Jabulani in FM

To be fair, its also been criticised by Robinho, Pazzini, Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista and Xabi Alonso..

And at the last world cup, the ball definitely had an effect, so many long shots were scored where the air would change direction several times mid-flight. The main problem to me is that the balls are too light so they get caught by the wind.

As for FM, would you really want it? How long until this forum is flooded with 'SI SUCK! I JUST LOST A FINAL BECAUSE THE BALL SWERVED THE WRONG WAY! OMFG BUG IM NEVER BUYING FM AGAIN' style rants?

Last post is on the Dot. Don't mess with the mechanism.

At most, a news item. 2018 World Cup in Australia, the Austrtalians have released the Boomerang ball, Goalkeepers have criticsed it for ... ... ...'

but no actual change to the game.

In the end - everybody plays with the same ball thus it is irrelevant.

The same thing happened before the start of the last premier league season didn't it? Players (mainly GK's) complained about the new ball and how it changed direction in mid-air. But tbf all these new balls are designed to create more goals so the Goalie's have a point.

This ball has been designed to favour the strikers. Yet reports have suggested it hasn't necessarily been succesful in this goal. Probably woth looking at. It's performance in the thinner airs of altitude. Probably worth looking at.

At the end of the day everyone has to play with this football but nobody wants goals just because of the ball. If these players are wrong and it's not the caser then it's nothing to worry about but I certainly can't deny that in the interests of entertainment the authorities would remove control from the players (as a rugby fan the chase for entertainment seems a constant blight).

I have a Jabulani Glider. It's somewhat mediocre professional reputation is well-deserved-- it's exceptionally light, and it moves a lot when you strike it. For an amateur player like me, it's great though. When you hit a swerving shot from 25 yards, it almost makes you feel like you've got talent.

Every new ball that has been released has been criticised for its movement, but it is the same for all players, so they all need to live with it. Cant see what this would bring to the game in the slightest.

Every player is in the same situation. It was the same with the germany 2006 ball. People didn't like it.

So what? You get paid £50,000 a week to kick it, do you really care if its crap? Another thing I hate about top flight footballers.

Archived