Happened on mine, 2014, Gary Cook was put in charge. Nothing really happened, just stopped spending as much, net spend of around £2-3 million a year. Comfortably top 4 every year.

I was under teh impression on my game that they had, but I've just checked, and the current owners are still in charge. They're moderately successful, a lot of top 4 finishes with a few dogdy seasons in the lower half.

Though looking at what the've done so far, they'd had a new stadium, they kept Mark Hughes on till 2017, and have had Ciro Ferra, Rafa Benitez, Ernesto Valverde, Stefano Berto, Victor Fernandez, Nigel de Jonh, Manolo Jimenez, Ali Daei, and currently, Steven Gerrard in charge.

They're still spending a fair bit, most seasons it's a net spend of 20 mill, with a few of about 60. And they pay ridiculous wages, up to 200000 per week(so do I, but we still make a profit due to my small first team squad, success, and great sponsorship)

So I imagine if they got bored and left City would be screwed as they couldn't afford to maintain their current outgoings.

It's 2027/8 season in my game. The real life current owners are still in charge and Mark Hughes only left at the end of last season when he retired. They were last out of the top four in 2016/7, have won 6 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 2 Europa Leagues, but have yet to land the Champions League.

Archived