Probably a silly question...

Okay, I'm pretty sure the answer to this one is going to be no, but I'm desperate so I'm asking anyway.

My wife, God love her, has broken the disc-drive on our PC. She accidentally hit 'eject' and somehow managed to snap the tray (don't ask me how). This means that I can't play FM2010 - I didn't install it via Stream, so it requires the disc to be in the drive for the game to run.

My question is: is there anyway for me to play the game without having the disc in the drive? Can I circumvent this somehow? Or do I have to wait for my wages to come in at the end of the month so I can get the computer fixed?

Any help appreciated.

Can't you just install it from Steam and use the code from your Disk manual?

but surely i would need the disc to be in the drive, if only just to install it?

if i can do it without putting the disc in the drive, then that would be superb!

No need for the disk with the steam version. It will make you download it from steam, you just use your registration code.

yes - where do i get that code? can't see it in the instruction manual.

thanks.

Theres a slim chance that you might be able to get the tray back in if its not completely broke in various bits. I had a similar accident a year or so ago with my current pc but managed to slip the tray back in because it wasn't completely snapped. Its still working to this day.

I had a fairly similar issue many moons ago, before it was FM. However, this time, the motor of the drive tray was broken with the game still inside, so I could ONLY play that game, although, I wasn't complaining much :D

In that case, theres usually a small hole that you can stick a pin in, push the eject button and pull out the tray ;)

In that case, theres usually a small hole that you can stick a pin in, push the eject button and pull out the tray ;)

Yeah, this is what I ended up doing when I got a replacement drive. Those were naive days..

Ah, nostalgia.. it just aint what it used to be...

Download steam, (www.steampowered.com)

create login via steam GUI.

Think it's settings > register non steam game/ library > register non steam game.

Navigate to the fm2010.exe and add it. You'll be asked for your cd key (in game manual). Once done, go to libraries or games in steam, right click on fm2010>launch game.

"should work"

EDIT: THE STEAM ICON Is "register product via steam"

Archived