Ever Sold A Star Player Due To Bad Discipline?

I just sold Rebun De La Red (my vice-captain) 2nd season Real Madrid, at a loss because although he was a top performer he had such bad discipline and couldn't be relied on.

21 yellow and 4 red cards (2 reds in major cup finals).

I had enough and sold him. Anyone else ever done similar?

In a game I started with Man U, Rio Ferdinand got sent off twice in the first two games he played for me. I promptly put him on the market, and eventually Fiorentina got him on loan for an initial fee of 10 million, with potentially 20 mill more to come. Coupled with a few other sales, I got Chiellini and never looked back. Till I got bored of the save anyway.

If you fine them for straight reds and warn them for double yellows causing a red card you can lower the attributes that cause red cards. As long as you get the message that they accept their warning.

I have turned some angry young players into well behaved stars in this way.

I just couldn't see past his discipline it was weird. Never happened to me before. Normally I'm a stick by your players guy but his moaning about being treated unfairly for a warning for one of the cup final sendings off really got my goat.

If you fine them for straight reds and warn them for double yellows causing a red card you can lower the attributes that cause red cards. As long as you get the message that they accept their warning.

Cool I will try it if I come across the same again. Thanks for the tip.

Sold one of my promising youngsters because he was an absolute joke, partying two nights in a row (got two messages indicating he'd missed training in two consecutive days!). Free + 50% sell-on clause to Milan, where he eventually agreed to tutoring and improved his attitude dramatically. Was too late though - he never played in a top tier throughout his whole career.

My scouts noted he'd become a good centre-back too. :(

Daniel Alves for my Barca is geting on my tits now sent off 4 TIMES! and 18 yellows in only 27 GAMES!!

Hes got so annoying for his last 2 red cards iv stright fined him 2 weeks wages lol and he declared unfair treatment might have to offload though Id hate to as hes world class

Azpilicueta?

yes. Had a great ball winning midfielder, but he can't win the ball if he's suspended!

I think when it comes to a ball winning midfielder or "destroyer" i always like to see him gettin sent off nd suspended because that means he is doing his job very good, which is

BREAKING BONES!!! lol

Indeed. Got Arturo Vidal in on the cheap (only about £2m) and he played fantastic. Scored a couple of brilliant free kicks and was a consistently good performer. But all too often he got carried away and got sent off. And I couldn't keep track of the amount of players he injured in training. Once he was sent off in his return from a 3 match suspension after giving away a penalty. That was the final straw.

He was dropped to the reserves and sold at the end of the season for around £8m. Tidy profit, glad to see his anger leave - it's a shame he was actually a good player.

I just sold Rebun De La Red (my vice-captain) 2nd season Real Madrid, at a loss because although he was a top performer he had such bad discipline and couldn't be relied on.

I had enough and sold him. Anyone else ever done similar?

Ha, Ive currently signed him on a free in 2015 for my Sevilla game. As Im a harsh discpliniarian a la Stalin, no one gets sold for bad discpline, if they speak out, they apologise a week later. I always fine my players for bad performances, (really bad performances)

Ha, Ive currently signed him on a free in 2015 for my Sevilla game. As Im a harsh discpliniarian a la Stalin, no one gets sold for bad discpline, if they speak out, they apologise a week later. I always fine my players for bad performances, (really bad performances)

Cool.. I wish I had that authority.. Incidently, I sold De La Red to Sevilla.. He got sent off aainst us

Sotiris Ninis keeps getting himself sent off for me recently... have had him for 6 seasons now, and this is the first season where he's been really bad. Has actually broken the club's bad discipline record this year :mad: i'm not going to sell him because he's bloody brilliant, last season got 29 assists :D but it's bloody annoying.

I'm looking for a funny pun here.. anyone?

daniel alves at barcelona. he played great against small teams when i was comfortably winning. but he screwed up every important game of the season, getting yellow cards, being sent off etc. the last straw was a foul in the penalty box in 1/4 finals of CL against chelsea at home. I lost 1-0 thanks to him and went out. even though i drew 2-2 at stamford. sold him the very next week.

daniel alves at barcelona. he played great against small teams when i was comfortably winning. but he screwed up every important game of the season, getting yellow cards, being sent off etc. the last straw was a foul in the penalty box in 1/4 finals of CL against chelsea at home. I lost 1-0 thanks to him and went out. even though i drew 2-2 at stamford. sold him the very next week.

How much did u get for him? cuz iv got the same problem i posted earlier on this thread nd am considering selling up

is it ever wise to fine them 2 weeks wages or is a 1 week fine always best?

I only fine 2 weeks if it is for violent conduct, but others fine 2 weeks more often.

1 week for a straight red and a warning for double yellows.

The only thing I'd add is that you should take them off hard tackling after the first yellow. If you leave them on hard, it's your fault if they get the second yellow.

Never, you can beat that sort of behavior out of your players by coming down hard on them when they do something stupid.

I had Vidic get sent off about 5 times in one season then the next season 3 then about once after that but i've found it depends how much squad discipline you have. Don't have a problem with it anymore.

in 07 with Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham one of them seemed to punch someone every couple of weeks, the bans kept getting extended and i think Tevez ended up with an 8 match ban at one point!

Archived