Consistency off set by what?

claudinho.jpg

I saw this lad playing for Anderlecht and had to buy him, I wanted to know what his CA was to have such great technical stats. When I looked I saw that he had 4 for consistency and wasn't sure if I should buy him or not. I then thought if I had not of looked on geniescout I would have signed him so I did. In his first season he played 40 games assisted 21 goals and scored 10 averaging 7.7 in the league and a 7.6 overall. In those 40 games he never once played below a 7. Seems pretty consistent to me, so is it just good stats that overcome a low consistency rating or what?

Consistency is how often they play at their CA. 20 consistency = 80% of the time he'll play to the best of his ability.

With a consistency of 4 he'll only play to the best of his ability in roughly 1/6th of games but just because he isn't playing at his best doesn't mean that he'll have a 4.0 rating shocker. Rooney on an off day is still better than most of the strikers in the premiership etc.

Basically that player will play like he's lost a couple of points in some of his key stats most of the time, but by the looks of it he'd still be a pretty good player despite that.

Consistency is how often they play at their CA. 20 consistency = 80% of the time he'll play to the best of his ability.

With a consistency of 4 he'll only play to the best of his ability in roughly 1/6th of games but just because he isn't playing at his best doesn't mean that he'll have a 4.0 rating shocker. Rooney on an off day is still better than most of the strikers in the premiership etc.

Basically that player will play like he's lost a couple of points in some of his key stats most of the time, but by the looks of it he'd still be a pretty good player despite that.

I never knew this, can you tell me where you got the information as this is the first time I have heard this explanation.

I don't suppose you have an idea what important matches does as well?

I never knew this, can you tell me where you got the information as this is the first time I have heard this explanation.

I don't suppose you have an idea what important matches does as well?

It's pretty well known that consistency is "number of games played to their best out of 25", the researchers that method, for example.

It's pretty well known that consistency is "number of games played to their best out of 25", the researchers that method, for example.

To be fair I have been a regular on this site for years and never knew this.

How big is the drop off in performance, is it a percentage? I have a wonderkid who is classed as very inconsistent, I am now thinking it may be better to off load him and stick with an average, but consistent performer.

I am making assumptions that inconsistent is less than 5 and consistent is better than 15.

To be fair I have been a regular on this site for years and never knew this.

How big is the drop off in performance, is it a percentage? I have a wonderkid who is classed as very inconsistent, I am now thinking it may be better to off load him and stick with an average, but consistent performer.

I am making assumptions that inconsistent is less than 5 and consistent is better than 15.

I don't know, though judging from AB's screenshot it's probably not fixed.

It's up to you, really. If you'd rather have workhorses who'll get the job done, then that's perfectly valid, but so is wanting players who'll do something magic ever few games. I reckon most sides could carry one inconsistent player if he won a match occasionally.

Archived