Do you ever use triple substitutions?

Do you regularly use triple substitutions?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly use triple substitutions?

• Yes
    • No

Now these are extremely rare in real life (bar friendlies) but I usually will change 2 or 3 players around the 60 minute mark. How many others do this?

I usually do it as I can't be bothered to sub at 60, 65 and again at 70.

Usually around the 60-70 min mark I'll make 2 subs, leaving one left in-case of an injury, sending off, or I need to throw another defender/striker on near the end of the game to get the result I need.

Rarely use triple substitutions unless it's a meaningless match and I just want it over with ASAP.

I do it pretty regularly, ususally at half time if I'm winning and wants to rest players, I'll also doing when losing or chasing a game.

It has come back to bite me once or twice, with players getting injured and then having to finish the game with 10 men.

It varies every match, but I often make all three changes at 65 minutes if the situation warrants it.

I very rarely ever finish a match with out having made three changes.

same here....

I normally change one at halftime, usually the oldest player who is at about 70% and then one about 60 minutes and one about 75 minutes. This allows for injuries to happen in the second half, although I have been caught out before about 80 minutes with a couple of injuries which is annoying!

Do I regularly make triple substitutions? No. Tend to make 2 in case someone gets injured but I have swapped three from time-to-time, if I'm winning to give some youngsters a run-out or if I'm losing to try and change things round.

It varies every match, but I often make all three changes at 65 minutes if the situation warrants it.

I very rarely ever finish a match with out having made three changes.

As above really.

If I'm winning comfortably I'll triple sub players on to get them first team experience.

If I'm having a shocker of a match I'll sub people on poor ratings (sometimes 3 of them)

Otherwise I'll sub players as they approach the 70% fitness mark.

Probably more often than I should, especially at half-time.

And yes, I've regretted it. And yes, it's worked and turned things around. And yes, usually it's made no difference.

Haha, pretty much sums me up too...made me laugh reading this :thup:

I usually make at least one sub at about 60-65 mins (more usually 2) simply on fitness alone, play a high closing down medium tempo game. I rarely make three at the same time, but it can work, especially if you have it as an ace in the hole.

Depends. If im ahead 3 or more goals, i usually sub in 3 players for the last 15mins. Now as im in Serie C2, few of my 1st teamers are lacking stamina and strength and i usually have to use all my 3 subs after ~70mins

I usually make 2 subs in the 55-65 minute area and the last one if necessary around 75-85 if i need it, or if its a league cup game i'll leave one till 90 minutes if i'm not sure i'll win the game in normal time and bring on someone pacy to try and bag a goal in extra time.

any times i have made triple subs, i usually get an injury or someone picks up a niggle or gets sent off 5 minutes after.

Almost never. I like to keep one sub until the game has passed the 75 min mark to have my options open in case there are injuries or sending offs. As for the other two subs it depends on what's happening on the pitch and the importance of the game.

It totally depends on how the game goes. If the first half didn't go too well I will usually make 1-2 subs at half time, but if the first half went well and I still have 3 subs at the 70 minute mark, i.e. none were needed for injuries, then I may make a triple substitution to rest some players/give the subs a run out.

As Inter i won the double and was sitting comfortably at 2-0 in my final game of the season at home to Palermo. As i knew i would be releaseing/selling Toldo, Zanetti and Materazzi i thought i would be kind and give them the last 10 minutes to say goodbye to the Inter fans so i brang all 3 on on the 80 minute mark :) haha

I often make them. No just in situations where i'm 2-3 goals down or vise versa. Got a system i use when it comes to player condition that as soon as they hit 70% they are coming off. Somtimes 3 hit that mark at the same time so i make 3 subs. Worked for me for a long time lol

I am currently managing in the USSF Division Two in the U.S.A. (edited in; using Al Jarov, et. al.'s work) and we are allowed five substitutions per game, except for the U.S. Open Cup. Anyway, I do what a previous user does and sub my guys out when they hit the 70% mark unless they are tearing it up out there or I had to do multiple injury substitutions already...

I usually only use two and save one, unless a player gets a knock etc. I don't like how it impacts the average rating, rarely will a player get above a 7 unless they make a game changing contribution so I usually have a few utility players that come on in various positions each game to keep the good people fresh.

I usually do two at around 55, 60 minutes then the final sub at around 75/80 depending on the situation. I Never however make three subs at once becuase when I have done, when I have truly felt the need to change my team, it has only ever resulted in half my team getting injured or more than likely, my goalkeeper gets a red card or taken off injured so then I cant put a proper keeper on the pitch

Archived