Purpose of Scouting Knowledge?

I am playing with attribute masking and only english, italian and spain leagues loaded. Let's say I play the LLM way and decide not to use the player search function. How does improving scouting knowledge actually helps me?

Lets say I want to find brazillian players, I just send my scout out to brazil and they will return me a list. Do I actually get a better list if I have more knowledge of brazil? Because when they have completed their scouting assignments, brazil's knowledge should be at 100% at least for a short while.

I know it does affect the players who are being recommended to you via the backroom advice and the ass man's team report. It indeed helps when you are LLM and only allowed to scout within UK. But after I can scout the world, then basically their recommendations are usually quite crappy compared to the list my scout comes back with.

So lets say... why would I need 100% knowledge of .. say China? Will my backroom coaches suddenly recommend me a 16yr old chinese wonderkid during out backroom meetings?

Or is scouting knowledge only really useful if you use the player search feature because they increase the viewable list of players.

Oh, btw I know it helps for hiring staff if you use the staff search feature.

Scouting Knowledge only really affects how many players appear on your player search screen, it also affects the Nationality of the players generated at your club (though it seems to have a lesser affect in FM2010 than previous versions).

To the best of my knowledge it doesn't affect the speed of scouting or the amount of reports (well I haven't seen any difference between an area with knowledge and no knowledge) not sure about recommendations from your assistant or staff.

Scouting knowledge definitely impacts the speed of scouting. If you send a scout to a nation they have no knowledge of, it may take them as many as 140 days to complete the assignment, after which their knowledge of that nation goes to 100%. If you then send them back to that nation immediately, the time for them to complete the assignment will be significantly less, maybe a little over half the first time, and will turn up more prospects.

Likewise, if your club (but not the scout) has knowledge of a nation or region, and a scout is then assigned there with no personal knowledge of the nation or region, it will be a little faster for them vs. sending them to an area where the club's knowledge is lacking.

Scouting knowledge definitely impacts the speed of scouting. If you send a scout to a nation they have no knowledge of, it may take them as many as 140 days to complete the assignment, after which their knowledge of that nation goes to 100%. If you then send them back to that nation immediately, the time for them to complete the assignment will be significantly less, maybe a little over half the first time, and will turn up more prospects.

Likewise, if your club (but not the scout) has knowledge of a nation or region, and a scout is then assigned there with no personal knowledge of the nation or region, it will be a little faster for them vs. sending them to an area where the club's knowledge is lacking.

OK, I have a question to ask. When I send my scouts to scout an individual nation like Egypt, they will come back with reports. However, if I resend the same scout back to Egypt, there is no option to do so! Why is this so? You mean, once a scout has finished scouting an individual nation, I would not have the option in using the same scout to scout the same nation?

But this does not apply when you send your scouts to regions; just individual nations. :(

OK, I have a question to ask. When I send my scouts to scout an individual nation like Egypt, they will come back with reports. However, if I resend the same scout back to Egypt, there is no option to do so! Why is this so? You mean, once a scout has finished scouting an individual nation, I would not have the option in using the same scout to scout the same nation?

But this does not apply when you send your scouts to regions; just individual nations. :(

Oh. I can answer this. This is because their are in the list of your previous assignments. You can click on it and click restart. Or if you want, remove it and re add it in.

Archived