how about SI doing their own FMRTE ????

bottom line i love the FMRTE and use it to change kits at the start of ever season, changes players stats to represent real life. i.e Kevin Doyle in the game is poor, by the end of 2010/11 season he's in the Wolves Res !!!!! but in real life his form in the 2nd half of the season has been brill, he's a work horse !!! so i give him a few extra stats here and there and it works !!! and its the same with a lot of others.

so SI, why not make your own RTE its not like its illegal if you do it !!!!

bottom line i love the FMRTE and use it to change kits at the start of ever season, changes players stats to represent real life. i.e Kevin Doyle in the game is poor, by the end of 2010/11 season he's in the Wolves Res !!!!! but in real life his form in the 2nd half of the season has been brill, he's a work horse !!! so i give him a few extra stats here and there and it works !!! and its the same with a lot of others.

so SI, why not make your own RTE its not like its illegal if you do it !!!!

Why? What could si put into a rte that's any different from fmrte? It sounds like a waste of time IMO

As much as I use FMRTE to fix bugs, I would rather SI use there time to prevent them arising in the first place

As for "Kevin Doyle", that's a researcher issue

Re: Kits, it would be more worth them adding this as an official addition within the game than to create an external editor outside of it to alter savegames

But in the end... I'm against it, let Ruci or others worry about that, and let SI worry about improving/fixing the game to the point of us not needing programs like FMRTE to fix or improve our saves

PS. how long before the first editor bashing post arrives I wonder?

just make things official, a RTE that comes with the game maybe ? also there is no FMRTE for Mac and im now playing FM10 on my iMac, so its very annoying doing all that work in editor before a new save and starting it then noticing that i missed something !!!! maybe not in time for FM11 but have it for FM12. give 2guys 18months to sort something out......IMO

I'd like it FM made a "cheat-free" version of a RTE for kits, rivalries etc. and without showing stats so people who change their kits, and league names don't get called cheats.

Yeah I agree with this too. I use FMRTE for rivalries and kits, it sort of keeps it interesting. I also love looking at my profile to see who the game thinks I like and dislike, it's surprisingly accurate most of the time too. After a couple of seasons with the same away kits I get bored and change it to a realistic style one, but feel slightly unclean using FMRTE, so I wouldn't mind a cheat free one, however as many have said/will say, SI need to concentrate on other issues and blah blah which is fair enough.

Yeah I agree with this too. I use FMRTE for rivalries and kits, it sort of keeps it interesting. I also love looking at my profile to see who the game thinks I like and dislike, it's surprisingly accurate most of the time too. After a couple of seasons with the same away kits I get bored and change it to a realistic style one, but feel slightly unclean using FMRTE, so I wouldn't mind a cheat free one, however as many have said/will say, SI need to concentrate on other issues and blah blah which is fair enough.

I agree, if someone was to do a type of FMRTE that only showed anything that isn't stat related [ie. Kits/Club-Club Relations/any information you can get within the game], that would be great

But I'm not sure if anyone would want to put it together... well, I would like too, but I lack the knowledge of that type of programming, and don't have time to learn it

Well they dont have to write one just ask rucci if they can use his code and pay him.... job done, people who want a real time editor have one to use and those that dont, dont have to use it......Everybody wins .....:thup:

That is quite true, mate! Everyone will benefit from this! I just hope SI will seriously consider this! :thup:

Some of you are missing the point here. A real time editor is absolutely needed in this game, as the flaws will never be completely eliminated.

The guy who makes FMRTE, doesn't make his living from this. He may decide not to make one for the next FM, so then your stuck without an RTE. They need to make one, whether it promotes cheating or not, is up to the player. We've payed for the product, we can play it anyway we want. I use FMRTE to make some minor adjustments within the team, nation and individual players. It is just as necessary as the editor included in the game by SI

I'd like it FM made a "cheat-free" version of a RTE for kits, rivalries etc. and without showing stats so people who change their kits, and league names don't get called cheats.

it's already cheat free for that

you can easily edit things without having to look at player stats :rolleyes:

it's already cheat free for that

you can easily edit things without having to look at player stats :rolleyes:

Not for some of us, certain stats will appear on your screen before you have a chance to go to the tab you want, that's the way it's programmed

I'm one of these people whose eyes will pick up on numbers, words and images in a split second without having to try [quite useful in a previous employment of mine, saved my life more than once], so I would prefer not having some things show regardless... unless I actually want to look at or alter them

I'm sure there are other people in the same boat, and as said, others can't resist the temptation

Generally depends on how "God-mode" SI want to make their game.

I personally would prefer it if SI released APIs to easily modify the game making it easier for editors to work with. The current editors work with memory addresses and the offsets change every patch. If there was an API this wouldn't happen and it would make editor development easier, effectively meaning SI release an editor (because editor development is quite rapid now).

It seems there will always be someone to take over. FMRTE wasn't always the #1 editor. I'm not sure why anyone would spend time making an editor with a fraction of the features that FMRTE has. It wouldn't stop cheating accusations and you don't have to use FMRTE to cheat.

I'd much prefer SI spent time making the game itself better.

Archived