What is your most insane match in Football Manager ?

Real Madrid 1-3 Almería

They completely dominated me in the first 30 minutes and I was very lucky to only be 1-0 down. Pepe had already gotten sent off after 20 minutes and after 35 minutes Casillas got sent off as well. From then on the match was fairly even ( :D ) but I managed to score 3 goals in the second half.

i remember losing to reading 7-4 on an old game ages ago. 3 of my defenders plus my goalie all missed the game for whatever reason and i went from best defence in the division to cant even tackle for that game. fair to say the replacements didnt last long at my club lol

I was Hull City and lost 4-0 to man utd in the second game of the first season, the game after, i beat Liverpool away 5-1 with Altidore getting a hattrick. Brilliant! :D

Arsenal 5-3 Pompey, 1st season on 10.3 today in fact.

Pompey went 1-0 up through Boateng in under a minute

Arshavin made it 1-1

Rocha made it 2-1 with a freak goal

2-2 Arshavin again.

3-2 Arsenal, Gourcuff beauty.

3-3 I can't remember who scored

4-3 Bendtner lucky goal

5-3 Vela

Has to be a game i had against Rangers in the SPL recently. i was 4-0 down at by the 20th min. still 4-0 down at the 60th min so went oveload and all out attack strategy and managed to get back to 4-4 and even had a chance or 2 to win it at the end.

I was a team called Wishaw by the way.

I was playing Workington and was my 1st season in the premier league. Was on a losing streak and stuck in relegation zone for the whole season. I started the match well and was 3-0 up by halftime even though odds were against us. I gave a "pleased" teamtalk and started laughing happily thinking I got the match in the bag. 2nd Half, a few quick goals later, they equalised to 3-3. Then I thought, its ok, I still have 1 point. BAM! 4-3. "It's okay! I can still fight back to equalise it" BAM! 5-3. I lost.

Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot but one of my most insane matches must have been the second semi-final leg in the Champions last year. I lost the first leg 0-3 against Real Madrid at home. In the second leg, I was up 3-0 after 15 minutes, all goals by Artem Milevskyi, then Real scored two goals. In the second half Milevskyi added 3 more goals so that we won the match 6-2 (6-5 an aggregate). Milevskyi is such a beast!

Got a couple. 2010 World Cup Final (FM06 or 07), England Vs Germany. Germany go 1-0 up in the first half then Ashley Cole get's sent off on the brink of half time. Game over? Noooo We score twice in quick succession and look like we may just hold on for the win. 89th minute they find an equaliser and we head into extra time. Not a minute of extra time has gone when they make it 3-2 to Germany. The time keeps ticking down until the very last minute. Long ass clearance from the England right back looks like being collected by the keeper... until the bounce catches him out completely leaving my striker (who got the other two goals) to tap in with the last kick of extra time.

Onto penalties where we go through near enough everyone twice, score i'm not sure of but something along the lines of 18-17 on penalties. It was draining to say the least.

The other would have to be the 2014 World Cup on FM09. England Vs Spain in the quarter finals. Spain are 4-0 up after 40mins. We grab a quick one just before the break. I unleash hell on the players. Full time? England 5-4 Spain. Also the final against Argentina was a classic at 4-3 lol

Archived