A penalty that hit the post and stayed on the line, but rather than pick it up the keeper stood still and the striker followed up?? Is that it.

Happened to me as well, but not with a penalty. Agaisnt Lyon and their keeper made a save, it rebounded out and he just stopped (where he had fallen about 5 yards out) and let my winger follow up. This happened again in extra time.

haha

Took a while to work out what the hell was going on but finally looked at it correctly.

Scandolous, but I have seen it happen in an actual match. The keeper slipped as he was trying to get up to get the ball, but it was sunday league!

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

Are you sure the goalie wasn't on the ground. It's hard to tell with this 2D game thing.3D would sort it.

No thanks, would rather SI sort out the transfer system, the confidence, tactics and the atch engine before going anywhere near 3d.

Originally posted by BayernMB:

Even if goalie is on the ground such goal is irreguler, becaufe the striker touched the ball 2-times in row without any other players touched it.

the goalie saved it so he didnt touch it twice in a row

Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

Are you sure the goalie wasn't on the ground. It's hard to tell with this 2D game thing.3D would sort it.

No thanks, would rather SI sort out the transfer system, the confidence, tactics and the atch engine before going anywhere near 3d. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not again, PLEASE.

Id just say that the keeper was on the ground so therefore couldn't get to it.

Originally posted by BayernMB:

Even if goalie is on the ground such goal is irreguler, becaufe the striker touched the ball 2-times in row without any other players touched it.

Surely that's not the case, that would mean if the taker hit the post and it rebounded right back to him he couldn't touch it and would have to wait for one of his players to run over and kick it.

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

No thanks, would rather SI sort out the transfer system, the confidence, tactics and the atch engine before going anywhere near 3d. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not again, PLEASE.

Id just say that the keeper was on the ground so therefore couldn't get to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Logical tbh. Happens a lot IRL that the penalty taker scores a rebound if the keeper saves it.

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Well, I have no clue what your talking about, but if you don't see something wrong in what happened you do have some serious mental problems.

What happened? A keeper saved a penalty and the striker scored on the rebound? Yes this is madness, it would never ever happen irl.

This is why we need descriptive comentary particularly paying attention to what we cab't see in 2d. Height of pass, keepers diving, defenders sliding, what body parts players are controling the ball with.

From that series of pictures, we can't tell if the goalie dived and then fell over getting up, ignored it because he thought it'd gone out, stepped in a particularly muddy bit of pitch and got his foot stuck, froze under pressure, simply wasn't paying attention, ad a heart atack and collapsed or what happened.

I I could put up the whole video I would, but I was certain that it pretty much explained itself.

Baxter lines up the penalty. Shoots, keeper parries without moving. He has turned slightly to his right however. The ball rolls slowly (may I say, very slowly) to his right and comes to a complete stop whilst Baxter and the rest charge at the ball. The goalkeeper [who is completly motionless for the rest of this] has no reaction whatsoever! Baxter scores as FM08 shows just how ******** the match engine can be!

From the description given, My guess would be an injury to the keeper.

What was his condition like immediately before and after after the sequence of play?

Even if he doesn't get a red or green injury, he could have taken a knock.

To lose more than a couple of of percentage points of condition at a time would be very rare for a keeper.

Can you look to see if the event has affected his condition in any way.

Also, if his condition seems to be goin up, then I find that sometimes happens when a player has picked up a knock, but is running off the injury to a point were he is fitter than before e got it.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BayernMB:

Surely that's not the case, that would mean if the taker hit the post and it rebounded right back to him he couldn't touch it and would have to wait for one of his players to run over and kick it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its one of the daft rules of football that , if you take a penalty, corner or free kick and hit the woodwork, if it touches no other player and comes back to you, its an in-direct free kick against you.

Daft but true.

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Because Baxter's penalty was saved, he scored on the follow up/ keeper not moving...

No, what I mean is there isn't a penalty in the game icon_confused.gif

Baxters goal came from a freekick and the other was a long-ish shot.

Now I am confused...

I just downloaded my own file, opened it and it shows Sosnin being fouled a good couple of yards into the box. Then the ref gives a penalty, the keeper saves it, stops dead and Baxter goes to it to score. Do you have a programme that can record video of the screen so I can see that now, because this is now getting seriously odd.

Originally posted by Neji:

I actually saw someone else have this problem, he downloaded a pkm and it was different to everyone else, its a bizzarre issue.

My friend had the same problem. I saved a match because of a ridiculous goal the opponent made (from their own penalty point) and he watched it three times, but it was like a complete different match. Other people scored for him than in my game, and I double checked if I send him the correct file.

Pretty weird.

Archived