Unable to verify your copy.

Hi,

Been playing FM09 on my lap top for a couple of weeks with no problem, I went to install on my home PC today and get the message

"The copy protection system was unable to verify your copy of football manager. Please ensure you have a valid DVD in your drive when the game starts"

Now ofcourse I have the original game and registered the game after installing with no problem and had no problem with it on my laptop earlyer in the day.

Can anyone help ?

:(

• 1 month later...

Got the same problem now as well. Thing is I'm using a Direct2Drive version of the game. Played the game for months without any problems until suddenly I wasn't able to load my savegame last week with the "The copy protection system was unable to verify your copy of Football Manager." error. Closed down my firewall, Windows defender to see if they inadvertently had blocked the game or it's communications but to no avail. When searching through the forums I did see two solutions for FM2009 (downloadable activator and the 9.31 patch) but none for FM 2010. After that I tried mailing Sega support who told me I had to contact Direct2Drive. So I contacted Direct2Drive. Who in turn told me to contact Sega support. Thing is I've been playing SI games for nearly 17 years now (yes I'm that old ;-) ) but this is the first time I'm actually feeling a bit disappointed with the support offered by SI.

Archived