Feeder clubs - commercial link??

I've asked my club 3 times now to get me a feeder club as a commercial link but the fail to find anyone every time.

I can now reccomend a team to the board so what team shall I pick realistically as a good commercial link.

I'm Birmingham city by the way in the 4th season. Won the prem 2 years in a row.

Thanks.

A Japanese, Chinese or American team that has no Parent link, theres no difference in the teams or the annual fee you pay in relation to how much money you could receive in 'Merchandise Income'

No guarentee that the board will come to an arrangement with your chosen club though. What's your reputation? It may take another few seasons for Birmingham to satisfy any 'criteria' for a Commercial Feeder club link.

Income is never a fixed amount.

In FM09 it largely depended on the reputation of your club and if you actually brought players in. If you didn't sign any players, you didn't see any benefit from the Commercial Feeder club.

so absolute if you have 2 feeder clubds with a commercial link. How much does this cost you per season? how much if your income from merchandise?

It is hidden in the finances, so it is hard to tell. You always get a profit out of them as far as I can see.

so absolute if you have 2 feeder clubds with a commercial link. How much does this cost you per season? how much if your income from merchandise?
An annual fee of £2.97M for Toronto FC and £1.02M for Shandong. Last season my merchandising income was £59,750,548. I made £333,139,057 income in total. I am managing Juventus.

My commercial links are Toronto FC and Shandong to improve merchandise sales in Canada and China.

Fixed. ;)

I have commercial feeder clubs which do improve merchandising to an extent, even though I don't necessarily buy their players or anything. And they also get the club more scouting knowledge. It's a win-win to get commercial feeder clubs.

An annual fee of £2.97M for Toronto FC and £1.02M for Shandong. Last season my merchandising income was £59,750,548. I made £333,139,057 income in total. I am managing Juventus.

wow 59m in merchandising - must be nice

sounds like they are good value

toronto is an MLS affiliated club, so the game counts them as the USA, much like San Marino is considered an Italian club.

I know that mate. I'm just Canadian that's all and we're not American. Nowhere near American. :mad: (no need for FM to continuously remind me of the slow Americanization of Canada every year ;):D:()

Not all 59 million comes from merchandising feeder clubs, but it's still a good percentage of that value.

Fixed. ;)

I have commercial feeder clubs which do improve merchandising to an extent, even though I don't necessarily buy their players or anything. And they also get the club more scouting knowledge. It's a win-win to get commercial feeder clubs.

Toronto play in the MLS which is sanctioned by the US Soccer Federation.

I carried out a lot of research into Commercial Feeder clubs in FM09 because it was an area that was largely unknown.

At the time, everyone just assumed that having them meant an automatic windfall in Merchandise sales. That simply wasn't the case after i finished my research.

What i found was that the links didn't do much until i actively signed players. The links act as a merchandise income 'multiplier' when you're signing players.

It's simply guesswork to put amounts/percentages on Merchandise Income from Commercial Feeder clubs because theres no basis to do so.

This may have changed in FM10, so i'll have to find out ;)

I have always wondered what is the best way to approach affiliated clubs, such as commercial links. When you are given the choice, is it best to go for the link costing the most, or to research the team more and look at their reputation, facilities and fan base etc?

I used to go by the amount the club were asking for, but recently I have been using Genie to look up their club rep and been judging it on that.

I believe the annual fee is linked to the club reputation anyway. I didn't find any differences though between choosing say; Colombus Crew and paying £1.5m per year, or choosing Houston Dynamo for £2.7m per year.

One key factor should be the Scouting Knowledge you'll pick up by affiliating with the club; check their Scouts, Coaches etc and see how much you can expand your Scouting Knowledge.

Archived