What did I do wrong?

Hello everyone. I would like to share whatever has just happened to me, mostly as a warning. Background: I started a new save with Girondins Bordeaux. In the past I have always had lots of fun on saves with teams that can do well domestically, but usually have no chance/are up and coming in Europe. Atletico Madrid, Fiorentina, Ajax, and Aston Villa are some from the past, among others from those countries. So I said, why not a team from France, that's where all the good players IRL come from anyways!

Season one came along, and after a lot of struggle, the team came out on top of the league. Yay. Came dead last in my CL group. Horrible. I won one of the French domestic Cups, and lost earlier on in the other. I think I won the important one. Joy. A fan favorite after one season. I only made a few signings: van der Vaart, Otamendi, loaned Nemanja Matic from Chelsea (before I had van der Vaart), Lukaku, and a good looking regen CB that I found by chance. All of those were on long term deals, because the club had no faith in a manager who accidentally made himself 29 years old with no experience. And from America.

Now. The problem. I set my favorite club to Chelsea, because it is. I spent a good amount of time negotiating for Matic, and made loan/buy offers for other Chelsea players too, which all fell through. Chelsea's season was pretty good. Despite coming 5th in the league, they won the CL with THREE extra time goals against R. Madrid. (The final was in the Bernabeu remember.)

So I went ahead and gave Ancelotti some praise. Bad. Idea. Now, his profile says he thinks we can be friends. And apparently his definition of friends is to STEAL ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS. I kid you not, Chelsea is currently interested in: Marc Planus, Michael Ciani, van der Vaart, Chamakh, Gourcuff, Lukaku, Tremoulinas, Alou Diarra, Fernando Cavenaghi, and Mathieu Chalme. Now there's some big names in there, that Chelsea could be linked with IRL. However, Chalme had a godawful season, Planus rarely played, and Ciani was inconsistent. That's currently 7 players who are starters, and the others appeared very frequently. I can't figure out why he wants my other players so badly. Bids keep coming in. The list keeps growing and shrinking. It has included in the past keeper Carrasso and Otamendi. My...KEEPER? Petr Cech and Matej Delac for the future isn't good enough?! Chelsea has Aleksandar Kolarov, who I made a bid for. Ancelotti accepted because of his good relationship with me. If the above was him "thinking we can become friends", and now we are, then it's going to get worse. ****.

Summary for those who don't want to read this: Don't be friends with Ancelotti because he will try to steal all your players. :thup:

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Archived