Football Manager Legends Series

Hello, ive been playing Football Manager ever since the game was released and enjoy the game play very much, i was wondering what you guys thought about us gamers asking Si Games to make a Legends game one year, a few people have made Legends databases for the game which we can use and there so much fun but it would be nice to have a Legends game where all stats , international caps and so on are very accurate, so anyone who is intretsed in seeing if it is possible for Si Games to make us a Legends game one year just add your names and if we get enough people intrested we will forward it to Si games so theycan see it would be a seller and see if we get the thumbs up for the go ahead, thanks guys

Longest sentence ever.

Who are these "legends"?

I don't know how you can compare players of different era's in a basis of 1-to-20 anyway.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Stanley Matthews wouldn't even be a contest.

(Ronaldo would be all over him, in case you wonder what I mean).

Players even in the 80s would have poor stats compared to nowadays.

Longest sentence ever.

Who are these "legends"?

I don't know how you can compare players of different era's in a basis of 1-to-20 anyway.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Stanley Matthews wouldn't even be a contest.

(Ronaldo would be all over him, in case you wonder what I mean).

Players even in the 80s would have poor stats compared to nowadays.

This isn't the place to have this conversation so all I will say is that your claim is absolute nonsense, you honestly believe that Maradona, Platini, Van Basten et al would not compare well? Please.

Anyway on to the legends edition. Why, when Deus db is phenomenal. Let SI focus on their thing and the community do its thing.

This isn't the place to have this conversation so all I will say is that your claim is absolute nonsense, you honestly believe that Maradona, Platini, Van Basten et al would not compare well? Please.

The game has changed a hell of alot over time, therefore it would not be possible to compare players around different era's

Todays players are alot more fitter and healthier for starters

Past players are probably more determined and less like drama queens though

Anyway on to the legends edition. Why, when Deus db is phenomenal. Let SI focus on their thing and the community do its thing.

Maradona, Platini, van Basten, yes, probably wouldn't be far off, but with players like Stanley Matthews you'd have an amazingly technical player but with 5-6-7 for pace. Billy Bremner would be 15-16-17 for tackling, 20 for aggression, 1 for professionalism, 5 for pace. But then there could well be hundreds reading this thread and thinking I'm full of faeces. How about Keegan - high dribbling & finishing, low crossing and pace? Ian Rush - 20 for finishing and anticipation, 8-10 for pace? And don't forget Pele, but in today's physical game would he really be better than C Ronaldo and Messi? We could debate this all day long, but I won't.

So that's one reason why it won't happen.

Plus, like the OP said, there are databases out there with this in place. For SI to employ a team of researchers to go through decades of archives and then pinpoint who actually qualifies as a legend then agree on either what their attributes were at the height of their careers (see above for problems on that front) or do they look at their ability back in the olden days, then translate it into today's standards, so that actually a player of Stanley Matthews' calibre would have never started smoking, let alone snuck a crafty one in at half time, and would have trained his buns off from the age of 12, and maybe - just maybe - acquired the kind of pace necessary in the modern game.

They will not get it right, no matter how hard they try. And they shouldn't trying, IMO, simply because of the vitriol spewed forth on these forums when a researcher has the temerity to underrate some current player. Can you imagine the strength of abuse fired at SI when someone disagrees with the ommission of a beloved but obscure footballer, or maybe Keegan's heading was better than 14 but the researcher docked a couple of points due to his fabulous hair? Can you imagine the debates, the abuse, the indignant ranting? Just look at how many Arsenal fans' heads exploded at Vermaelen's attributes - imagine the outcry if Billy Bremner's tackling is anything below 20 or Alan (Smudger) Smith's finishing is below 20 or Maradonna's "cheating little so-and-so" attribute is below 21?

Sorry, but I think we're stuck with the enthusiastic fans' databases for now.

Why is this not the place to have such a discussion?

Have I misunderstood?

What is a "legends" series?

What I meant was this wasn't the place to discuss the merits of Stanley Matthews vs Cristiano 'cheating, diving, scumbag, doesn't deserve to have the name Ronaldo' Ronaldo and the others.

• 1 year later...

Archived