Centre Half Partnerships

Hey all

Guys I'm just wondering if anyone has had success playing in a 4 4 2, where both centre half's are set to Centre Half's and one is cover and the other is a stopper, I'm thinking in my heads that it should offer a balance,

but I'd like to hear what ye all think

cheers

I found one cover one defend more succesful. The cover/stopper combo leaves a fair distance (vertically up the pitch) between them.

That was a fear I had alright but I was hoping that they would complement themselves and only one defender would cover or stop at the time thus leaving a smaller gap.

Cheers

More of a T&TT thing. Anyway, I use a stopper/cover partnership to great effect but have my stopper on the right with a defenisve right-back and the cover left with and attacking left-back.

Hey! Have you been looking at my tactics?

Seriously, this works like magic. I conceded literally half as many goals just by switching to stopper/cover.

Yeah if you're going to play the offside trap (unlike robertcornell68 I always use it and always defend high up the pitch) I put both on the same standard default setting. You don't want a stopper defender breaking line and allowing an attacker in behind him but still onside. If you play deep though no harm in giving it a try, I never have done but I'm sure others have.

Archived