can there be a fourth kit in the game

• SI Staff

I think it's possible to add "special kits" for competitions/years and stuff in the database editor but it's not possible to display four kits in the team information section.

• 1 month later...
I think it's possible to add "special kits" for competitions/years and stuff in the database editor but it's not possible to display four kits in the team information section.

So does this mean we can pre-select dates in which to use special kits? Or will FM just do it for us.

Some teams have a home, away 3rd and a Euro kit.

Well, big teams tend to have home, away and european away kits which act as third kits. It's unneeded to have four kits because a football shirt would never have three colours all predominant enough to force the opposition in wearing another shirt.

That being said, I would like third kits to get first choice after the home kit in european fixtures (eg last season Liverpool would wear their black kit against a team with a red kit, rather than their white away kit).

I remember Man U and Bayern both having Euro kits in identical colours to their home kits with only cosmetic differences, as far as I know, these kits were never worn outside of Euro competitions.

Saints also had a Home euro kit that was worn precisely once :D.

I also remember Liverpool used to wear a kit which was exactly the same as their home kit only with yellow trim and sponser rather than white in Europe. That was way back though.

I have enough trouble seeing my third kit worn, never mind 5! In 10 seasons i think my team has worn its third kit on three occasions!

I quite agree.................in 11 seasons incharge of Lyon, my side have NEVER worn the black third kit.

Even though I've never played in my third kit for about 7 in-game seasons, I don't think that it is very unrealistic, as many (in the words of Robert Plant: "Many is the word that always keeps you guessing") clubs have a special away kit for Euro games, being the 4th kit.

It wont change the gaming experience. Well not for me anyway.

Archived