Chairman Takeover

I am with Leeds United and there is a possible takeover about to happen. What are the usual ramifications that come from this? I've only managed Roma and Plymouth and they never had takeovers so I don't know what to expect. Does it help or hurt you as a manager???

I am with Leeds United and there is a possible takeover about to happen. What are the usual ramifications that come from this? I've only managed Roma and Plymouth and they never had takeovers so I don't know what to expect. Does it help or hurt you as a manager???

It depends. There are many kinds of takeovers. All of them could get you sacked if you don't keep having good results.

For instance, I was managing Aston Villa in 2025 and the chairman decided to resign so another member of the board could take his place. There was a rumor about my job but since I was the best thing that ever happened to them (no kidding! :D) I kept my job.

Also, I noticed that the new chairman followed Randy's approach and kept balancing my finances.

Before that, a consortium failed to buy the club. I was hoping for a sugar daddy but we turned out ok.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been told there is a rumour that I will be replaced by the neew consortium. Anyway to make sure I keep my job, been with the club for 10 years, turned them into a premier league club and doing well. Want to keep the job

I had a take over from plymouth, the previous one was a sugar daddy constantly keeping my bank balance in the black, 30mill transfer fund while in premiership, he then took his money out the club, and then left a little while after, got taken over by a tight chairma who only gave me 13mill for transfer fund lol.

Im Leeds manager too, just been taken over by some Spanish ex footballer, wanted to replace me with Alan Curbishley who would have got Leeds out of the Championship... End of season got promoted and kept my job.

It happened also on an older version of the game, the new board wanted to replace me with Henk Ten Cate.

Just keep winning games and you'll get the message 'the board have decided to stick with you' or something to that effect.

Has anyone ever been replaced immediately a takeover has happened ? I have just got a story that says if the tycoon's takover is successful then he plans to replace me as manager with George Burley. We've not even started the season yet.

yea happened to me on a few games, ive even been the lucky guy getting the job, Linfield got taken over by a tycoon and the day it was confirmed they sacked their manager and offered me the job. would have been more intresting if they had offered me the job while the current manager was still in place then if i rejected they would keep the current gaffer

Archived