Is there a dedicated server mode?

Hi

I've been out of the loop for a few years (last played CM 0304) but I've been interested in getting back into the series.

I was just wondering, since I have a fairly slow laptop along with a very fast desktop, would it be possible to set up a game on the desktop and play it on my laptop?

I know in the old days there was a host machine that other players could connect to and it did all the calculations, but I think there always had to be someone at the host machine to click 'continue' all the time too, since it was assumed there'd be a player on this machine too.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

If you just want to create the game on the desktop and play it on the laptop you can just move copy the savegame file to the laptop like the poster above said.

If however you want the desktop to do the numbercrunching while you use the laptop to play it on you can use windows' built in remote desktop feature to connect to the desktop from your laptop and you can play the game off the desktop from any location with a propper internet connection.

Archived