reinstalling windows but want to save my Saved game!

I know theres a search option, and this queston might of been asked before or it may be really simple but i'm having problems with my PC and i want to reinstall Window but i've been holding if of because i have a good 'Save' and dont want to lose it when i reinstall Windows.

How can i save this saved game. i have an external hard drive and is it as simple as dragging the saved file, where ever it may be, into external hard drive than just dragging it back once i've reinstalled Windows and FM2010?

its a bit sad that i'm holding of fixing my PC for this game but i'm enjoying this one game and i dont want to lose it. is it saveable!?

ta,

How can i save this saved game. i have an external hard drive and is it as simple as dragging the saved file, where ever it may be, into external hard drive than just dragging it back once i've reinstalled Windows and FM2010?

Yes, that's basically it :thup:

You might also wish to copy the hall of fame file across as this is not attached to the save game.

As with any other data you want to save copy your save to an external device, e.g. external hard-drive, usb key or disk. Then after you have reinstalled the game and patched it up as needed put your save file back into C:\Users\benzy\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games. There may be a different pathway if you are installing through steam.

Archived