Is it me or

I am with Barnet in my second season and over two seasons I have tranformed them into a good team .

I am not really sure how I have done it but I have

1st Season - 19th

2nd Season - Challenging for the playoffs

I have bought it 14 players and 13 of them were free transfers from the trial days

I am not even sure how I have got a team to be this good

Is it luck ?

It's quite easy on this game to build almost entirely new teams and have them perform well. Although gelling is a factor, if you perform well confidence spreads and your players form a bond quite quickly. I've never had a problem with upsetting the squad harmony by bringing in lots of players. I once brought in ~18 new players for free in L2 and after a shaky start we eventually secured a playoff spot.

I do find I have problems though when I bring in players who can't speak the same language as the rest of my players, especially with defenders. Lack of communication between your defenders and goalkeeper can be a real issue, but forming a bond between two strangers seems to be less of a concern on FM. Still what you've achieved is no easy feat and you should definitely credit yourself for a doing a good job.

Your scouts should give you an idea of how good your team is. You can even work out your players compared to the rest of the league by:

1) Search > players

2) Filter by Division (yours) and position. Ensure you tick, include own players.

3) Look at the two/three players with the highest price in that list. Then compare them to your best players in that position.

4) Do the same, but sort by form and check those out against yours.

5) Scout those players (report card only) to see how your best JPA/JPP scout rates them against your best players.

Archived