Who's your bogey team?

As the topic title suggests I thought we could start a discussion on who people always find difficult to defeat.

For me it's Everton. No matter what team I play as I've alway had trouble defeating Everton since FM08. Their narrow play style, as well as the fact that their players are actually pretty damn good, really plays hell with my defence and I can never seem to get consistent results against them, home or away. I tend to do better against the big teams than I do against them, and so far nothing I do can stop goals leaking in when I play them. I always hate drawing them in cup competitions and I remember one time needing a win against them on the last day of the season to secure a CL spot. I won but it was a goal fest and it really could have gone either way!

In FM08/09 it was Arsenal/Everton...

In FM10 it's Everton (away, we usually beat them pretty easily at home), Aston Villa (Young and Agbonlahor always cause me problems) and especially Man City (Tevez in particular always causes me issues).

Although recently we were 1-0 down to City in the FA Cup final, then scored in the 94th minute (of 3 minutes of added on time :D) and then went on to win 3-1 in extra time. That was pretty sweet.

Vallalaoid in the spanish league. Their CB has scored 4 goals on me in 2 games. 2 of them from 30 yards out and 2 freekicks around 25 yards... and ive only beat them once in 5 games.

My bogey teams are Basingstoke and all London teams that start in the Blue Square South. Basingstoke single handedly destroyed my title bid by being the only team to keep a clean sheet against me and they did it twice. London teams because in 2 seasons in the BSS I have never won in London and only beaten 3 London teams at home.

As the topic title suggests I thought we could start a discussion on who people always find difficult to defeat.

For me it's Everton. No matter what team I play as I've alway had trouble defeating Everton since FM08. Their narrow play style, as well as the fact that their players are actually pretty damn good, really plays hell with my defence and I can never seem to get consistent results against them, home or away. I tend to do better against the big teams than I do against them, and so far nothing I do can stop goals leaking in when I play them. I always hate drawing them in cup competitions and I remember one time needing a win against them on the last day of the season to secure a CL spot. I won but it was a goal fest and it really could have gone either way!

Aint the founders and creaters of SI massive Everton fans? lol! Bet they put a piece of code in there so Everton are tough to beat :D

As for me, i can never seem to beat Man City or West Brom! Very frustrating to play against, you just go into these games expecting defeat. I say West Brom if ive picked a team similar to them

sporting lisbon. no matter what team i play with i always get them in champions league group stage or at any other point in european cups (cl or euro cup). loosing or drawing against them with arsenal, napoli, sunderlan, real madrid, barcelona... it realy doesn't matter.

sometimes i even get lucky and get them a for a couple of years in a row in group stage... or knockout stage.

and i get even luckier sometimes and i really suck against other two opponents in the group and so the matches agains sporting are vital.

luckily i now can snatch draws at home.:cool:

In my Ajax save 2010/11 season it's definitely Twente. Although they had really poor start of the season and have just in March climbed their way up to 8th place in Eredivisie and I've just had 5 losses in the league, I've managed to lose them 3 times. That's right - 3 times. First was clear 0-2 away loss in Eredivisie, second game was 2-3 away battle in Dutch Cup 4th round and finally 0-2 home loss in Eredivisie (topped with Enoh's red card on 6th minute and then they scored 2 goals in 10 minutes to secure win).

Somewhat unbelievable how they turn up to be unbeatable for me when some of smaller teams simply run over Twente with 2-0 or 3-0 scores.

I know this is going to sound obvious, but my bogey team is definately Chelsea. They always seem to have the upper hand over me, which is doubly frustrating because they are the team I hate most. Even more annoying is that their cup draws in the game follow the real life pattern, which is that they are always drawn against the easiest opposition they can (and at home if it is a one-off game, like the FA Cup).

Stoke. Every game I've started in FM10, they've been in the top 4-6 consistently, horribly overpowered.

I am their bogey team on this save, Newcastle, 4th game of the second season, so far I have played Stoke 3 times, winning every one and putting 12 goals past them for a return of 1. (FA cup last season, Friendly and Premier league)

Well I hate Hibernian, they have a habit of winning 1 or two to nil despite me dominating a game and them getting 1-2 shots on goal while I get like 27 :p. Of course, sometimes I beat them heavily, but they often seem tricky despite having far inferior players and their midfield being made up mostly of my rejects.

In my current game, where i first started off with Zaragoza, it was definetly Barcelona. Real Madrid wasnt that bad... Then i went to Juventus and my main rival was Genoa... Then i took over in Crystal Palace and when i got in EPL, it was Burnley (Theyre a top team there new while for example Arsenal struggles against relegation season after season).

Now in serie C2 with Messina and first full season kicking off so cant say yet really

Hayes & Yeading. Throw the table out the window when we meet, they always thump my superior team that plays them off the park yet still manage to win. Gateshead and their dreaded "toon army" are a close second. Give me York, Luton, or Stevanage any day!

Hayes & Yeading. Throw the table out the window when we meet, they always thump my superior team that plays them off the park yet still manage to win. Gateshead and their dreaded "toon army" are a close second. Give me York, Luton, or Stevanage any day!

Gateshead definitely what a pain of a side they are at home, with that crappy narrow and short pitch! :thdn:

Archived