Do chairmen ever retire or are they ageless?

I've been at Middlesbrough for 17 years now (on FM09) and Steve Gibson must be around 70 years old but does he actually have an age on the game seen as though you can't actually click on his name and look at his details? And will he retire when he gets too old?

Don't know, hoping for something to happen soon though as the club isn't making any profit atm. I usually win the league and then 1 other cup and yet every season the club is valued at the same (around £250mill) and the bank balance is usually around £70mill at the start of the season and £40mill by the end. If some of my youngsters flop and i'm forced to spend big on replacing my ageing squad then it could cost the club alot.

I've been at Middlesbrough for 17 years now (on FM09) and Steve Gibson must be around 70 years old but does he actually have an age on the game seen as though you can't actually click on his name and look at his details? And will he retire when he gets too old?
they retire at something like 75 years old? cannot remember exactly, but they do retire....

Eventually you'll get a message like "Chairman X wants to spend more time tending to his flower garden, and Director X will take full control of the club". I got that message on FM09, and I'm guessing theres more. That was when I was Torino and I was about 15 years into the game, so the Chairman would have been at retirement age.

Theres probably more messages than that. They DO retire, and usually there's an internal takeover but sometimes you will get an outside takeover by a tycoon/consortium ;)

i thought in the old days chairman had certain built in personalities? i remember being bradford and geoffrey richmond threatening to sack me if i picked a certain player.

They still do, to a degree.

Archived