Best Run of AI results You've Seen

Just started a new season as Man Utd after I got the 2nd patch. I'm sitting third in the table, 53 pts. out of 25 games, not terrible, good enough for me to be in the running for the league most of the time. Chelsea is 2nd with 61 pts. out of 25. However, a la the 2003 season, Arsenal has 71 pts. out of 25 games, have won 23 and drawn twice. I'm sure its just bad luck on my part that they're so good this year but I've never seen anything like it. They only signed Mutu at the beginning of the year but are on a tear. What's the best run you've seen an AI team go on in the league?

Just started a new season as Man Utd after I got the 2nd patch. I'm sitting third in the table, 53 pts. out of 25 games, not terrible, good enough for me to be in the running for the league most of the time. Chelsea is 2nd with 61 pts. out of 25. However, a la the 2003 season, Arsenal has 71 pts. out of 25 games, have won 23 and drawn twice. I'm sure its just bad luck on my part that they're so good this year but I've never seen anything like it. They only signed Mutu at the beginning of the year but are on a tear. What's the best run you've seen an AI team go on in the league?

I won 13 out of 13 with PSV and was 10 pts clear at Christmas.

I had my traditional new year blip and Ajax won 14 out of 14 to take the league to the penultimate fixture. Fortunately I won away at FC Twente so I could rest most of my team for the CL semi vs. Real... lost 2-1 at the Bernabeau but romped it 4-1 at home!

League champs and CL finalists in first season in charge! Foff with Ajax for beating my win streak but I still rule 'cos I'm ace!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

I won 13 out of 13 with PSV and was 10 pts clear at Christmas.

I had my traditional new year blip and Ajax won 14 out of 14 to take the league to the penultimate fixture. Fortunately I won away at FC Twente so I could rest most of my team for the CL semi vs. Real... lost 2-1 at the Bernabeau but romped it 4-1 at home!

League champs and CL finalists in first season in charge! Foff with Ajax for beating my win streak but I still rule 'cos I'm ace! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And humble...

The best I saw in FM 8.02 was Boca, in Argentina. Pure class from the AI.

They won 4 leagues in a row, in which I think they lost 2 games in total. In one of the leagues I remember they only conceded 1 or 2 goals. They were simply unbeatable. Strangely they won almost every single match 1-0 in the last minutes.

Juventus not losing a game till the last game of the season but still lost the title to me becoz of too many drawn games.

Their record of 44 games unbeaten is a record in my serie a game. icon_smile.gif

Betis with 34 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss (to my Xerez).

Needless to say, they ran away with the La Liga title, and they're my rivals.

They just couldn't lose to anyone (except me). Every time they were losing they pulled back and won. icon_frown.gif So even though I had a good set of results too, 34 wins is always going to be difficult to catch up to. icon_frown.gif I ended as the runners-up.

In my Udinese save Inter went 67 games unbeaten in Serie A, the 67th being the last game of the 11/12 season, but then somehow they lost the first 4 games the following season, then I quit Udinese, joined Ghana and stopped caring, wonder if they got their form back...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by milkyjoe:

I think Arsenal went on a 55 match unbeaten run in the league on my game. 8.0.2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep they're on a similar run on my game at the moment.

Porto in my 3rd Bwin Liga season as Benfica (09/10) finished with 85 points (28 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss). That was pretty frustrating.

In a Serie A game with Fiorentina Inter went the best part of 2 seasons unbeaten - approx 70 games I think.

I won 18 out of the first 18 games in my 3rd season as Bayern Munich manager. I haven't lost at home in the league, cup or Europe for 8 years icon_cool.gif

Unfortunately I still haven't overtaken the clubs winning record, it's 15 in a row and as soon as I hit 14 wins I get picked against Chelsea or Juve in Europe icon_frown.gif

Similar to others, Inter have an awesome record in my game. I'm ~11 games into my 3rd season now with Fiorentina and Inter lost on the final day of the first season away 1-0 to Fiorentina (having already wrapped up the title) and they haven't lost in the league since after getting an offside 94th minute equaliser for 2-2 in their match against Fiorentina this season icon_mad.gif Funnily enough they are 2nd in the table so far, behind Palermo on goal difference (I think).

Also Bayern Munich are blazing a trail in Germany. My Werder Bremen team have made a shocking start, losing 5 of our first 11 games (we lost 4 in total last season), but we are still 3rd and in touch with 2nd. Unfortunately Bayern Munich have won 10 and drawn 1 of their games so our form looks all the worse next to that icon_frown.gif

i have recently started a liverpool game and i am just approaching the end of December with something like 12 wins, no draws and 1 loss (although i have just unconvincingly got through the group stage of the champions league)

anyway i was thinking great, things never go this well!! only to see Chelsea had matched my performance in the premiership!!! icon_frown.gif

Archived