Unselected nations: not enough players/newgens for National Team

This has been bugging me for a while...

Despite playing with a Large database, and with Gillsminnow's Ultimate Retain Players file, many unselected nations still have a very slim national pool, and a good portion of the club sides have greyed-out players.

That makes said clubs AND the national team much weaker, especially in the long run.

I took over Sweden [unselected] in a previous savegame, around year 2016, and I still had to rely on the likes of Zlatan and Isaksson because the choice was between aging/old stars and subpar newgens.

In another save, Norwegian teams [the league was unselected for a change], even the best one(s), had maybe a maximum of 15 actual players. And of course the national team has basically no actual U21/U19 players.

Unsurprisingly they got hammered in their WC qualifiers and Drillo got sacked.

Too bad there'd be little point in accepting the job at a national team where the talent pool is slimmer than San Marino's.

So while I see the game can't possibly handle an adequate number of players/newgens for EVERY nation, I think it still should provide enough adequate manpower to give the human manager a chance to manage ANY "default" national team in a satisfying way.

I'm not asking for a 1000 players national pool of course, but at least all players of Top Tier clubs in a playable national team should be included one way or another. And promptly replaced with equally competent newgens, as if the nation was selected and playable

Otherwise it becomes pointless having the chance to take over most national team jobs, and the selected nation will always have a HUGE advantage in terms of talented newgens

This is why I use edt-files which retain the players of the top 5 clubs of most European and South American nations.

That means more choice from the start and at the same time more regens are created in that nation to keep the number of players from tehre on about the same level. This also helps a lot for being able to manage international teams in the future :)

This is why I use edt-files which retain the players of the top 5 clubs of most European and South American nations.

I used Gillsminnow's file, which retains (should retain?) all the 1st team players of Tier 1 clubs for most leagues, but despite that the unselected nations don't progress at the same rate of the selected ones...

I used Gillsminnow's file, which retains (should retain?) all the 1st team players of Tier 1 clubs for most leagues, but despite that the unselected nations don't progress at the same rate of the selected ones...

Too bad :(

I'm in 2016 now and maniging the USA which are not active, but I feel I have plenty of choice of good regens too. I have 5 of them in my starting XI.

Archived