Question about feeder clubs

How do I get like feeder clubs in Asia for a commercial link?

By the way, I have 0 feeder and 0 parent club now and I am in the premier league as Workington.

2ndly, is there any benefit if I get a N.Ireland feeder club for the purpose of signing their youth players when I loaded only the England, Spain and Italy database. I looked at the club and basically everything is greyed out. If that's the case, I can't even sign anyone.

Furthermore, does the idea of getting a feeder club so you get 1st dibs at their players work any decently? I figured that their youth facilities were so bad, and their reputation so low, they will almost never get any decent newgens.

Why can't I get feeder clubs in like brazil or argentina.

No point in having a first option club if all their players are greyed out and there is no chance of them producing any quality. For a feeder in Asia you must tell the club that you want a commercial feeder club when they ask you. In the Prem the club generally won't let you have a parent club. I am not sure why you can't get S. American feeders mate, hope this helps

If you want a 'Commercial' Feeder club, your club will generally need to be of high reputation, bordering on high-Continental/Worldwide, but it's not uncommon for teams with a low-Continental reputation to gain a Commercial Feeder club.

After you've been with a club for a number of seasons, you can choose what type of link you want; Commercial, National Loan, International Loan etc. Further along, you can choose the club you want.

Commercial Feeder clubs are not really all they're made out to be; you won't see massive windfalls from merchandise sales and in FM09 they were only really useful if you made frequent player signings to take advantage of new merchandise sales. You saw little benefit if you signed nobody.

Theres little benefit for forming a link with a club from Northern Ireland, perhaps aside from gaining some extra 'Scouting Knowledge' allowing more players to appear in the 'Player Search' screen. If other options are available, it might be better to choose another, but with that said, it's good to expand your scouting knowledge, so never dismiss an option out of hand.

How do I get like feeder clubs in Asia for a commercial link?

By the way, I have 0 feeder and 0 parent club now and I am in the premier league as Workington.

When you request a feeder club, if you've been at your club for some time the board will ask you what type of feeder you want. You can specify commercial link here. HOWEVER I have never got one this way, they always come back and say they can't find one. I have always got my commercial feeders by simply asking for any type of club, and sometimes one of the options they come back with will be a commercial link.

2ndly, is there any benefit if I get a N.Ireland feeder club for the purpose of signing their youth players when I loaded only the England, Spain and Italy database. I looked at the club and basically everything is greyed out. If that's the case, I can't even sign anyone.

I'm not 100% sure of the answer to this one, but I guess not. Other than it seems sometimes your board won't offer you the type of club you want (i.e. commercial link) until you have several other types of links setup, so it might be a good idea to just take what they offer and hope for better and better options as you go on. You can always cancel the rubbish ones when you have what you want.

Furthermore, does the idea of getting a feeder club so you get 1st dibs at their players work any decently? I figured that their youth facilities were so bad, and their reputation so low, they will almost never get any decent newgens.

Yes but it depends on the club. I have been in the situation where I have had feeder clubs in the Premiership, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, French Ligue 1, Dutch Eredivisie etc and these can be very useful for sending fringe players out to and picking up hot prospects from. Also see previous answer.

Why can't I get feeder clubs in like brazil or argentina.

You can, I have had Brazillian and Argentinian feeder clubs.

Thanks for the answer guys. No wonder I can't get any commercial link clubs. My club reputation is merely national. And you got to be damn amazing to get feeder clubs in the top leagues.

As for scouting knowledge, I doubt those N.Ireland semi pro clubs have any decent scouting knowledge anyway.

Archived