Board expectations

Hi

What determines board expectations at the beginning of the game? For example some boards expect to avoid relegation, gain promotion, expect a top half finish.

The board expect promotion at the mo on my game but yet im languishing in 10th place with no chance of making the playoffs

Is that sackable material or do boards tend to stick with you, my job status is secure

You will need to get promoted next season or you will be sacked!

So they give you another season, super at least they are giving you another chance, problem is i have no money for transfers, gonna have to wheel and deal in the free transfer market yet again.

If and when you get promoted do there expectations change, as surely they must chance to "avoid relegation" as your a newly promoted club, be gutted if it said top half finish cause theres no chance of that on my budget, :)

Hi

What determines board expectations at the beginning of the game?

Club reputation for one. But the most important factor is where you tell them you're expecting to finish at the beginning of the season

damm, i should have chose top half finish in the league i'm in rather than chosing promotion! Its them figures they give you for higher expectations, it persuaded me too easily, haha!

What makes it worse is that the extra 1.5 million i got for chosing promotion, i went ahead and bought rob earnshaw who has bagged me 4 goals in 27 appearences, nice one a masterstroke :)

Club reputation for one. But the most important factor is where you tell them you're expecting to finish at the beginning of the season

can you tell them where you think you will finish?

i never found this option i just get a notification at the start of the season of what the board expects.

Is it nothing to do with finances you have? As they normally say what they expect before you actually have a chance to answer, then you are given a choice

Hi

What determines board expectations at the beginning of the game? For example some boards expect to avoid relegation, gain promotion, expect a top half finish.

The board expect promotion at the mo on my game but yet im languishing in 10th place with no chance of making the playoffs

Is that sackable material or do boards tend to stick with you, my job status is secure

Club reputation plays an important role here. For example, I used FMRTE before a new season started and set my club reputation low. Then the board had very low expectations. Similarly, when I used FMRTE to set the reputation high, the board expected me to win the league! :)

Well. My 1st season in BSN. Media prediction 10th. I wanted more $$ so I told the board we will get promotion. I ended up at 15th at the end of the season. For some reason, they weren't unhappy with me. Probably because my club reputation is obscure.

But from then on, I try to err on the safe side.

I acknowledge that club reputation has a lot of input into what the boards expectations are for the forth coming league season, however is it the same with the cup competitions?

Maybe a stupid question but the reason for me asking this is -

Having won the EPL with Southampton in 2013/14 season (board were looking for a respectable league position) and qualifying for the ECL for the 2014/15 season, my board are looking for me to at least reach the semi-finals!!

I was in the Europa League last season reaching the quarter-finals (again board expected semis) due to being FA cup runners up.

Just seems daft that a club with no real experience at this level of competition is expected to go as far along in it, being seeded 4th in the draw doesn't do me any favours either really, coupled with the fact that despite winning the league board expectations for this coming season are "Qualify for a European spot through the league" which i presume means they wont sack me if i dont win the EPL as long as i grab at least a Europa League spot??

Archived