How to create Athletic rule?

but then how specific do you get? could arsenal pick players who are closer to chelsea?

as a football romantic I would love to see football teams represented by their local players much like school teams are and I imagine very old school. would certainly make the FA cup interesting again.

I don't know for certain but I think Basque is a specific area much like cornwall is which a group of people there would like to see it as their own country.

i'm a brazilian arsenal fan, and i live in the southernmost part of the country, it's a state called "rio grande do sul". we are separatists, most of us want to form a new country to get separated from brazil.

that's why i wanted to create a team which allowed only players from my state...

it's a shame it can't be done....

I'm not sure but maybe you can try swapping Brazil with Spain, your region with Pays Vasco, Athletic with your team, and finally swapping all nationalities and other details. Of course you don't want to do that as it might as well crash your game:)

I suppose you could sort of code it in yourself by looking at an atlas or map of the region and picking out all the cities in that region, and making a filter for it.

I would love a filter in a future game that did it automatically based on longitude and latitude (in the database, each city has these coordinates although a lot are still blank).

Of all the countries to be attached to...surely Brazil is one of the best. Don't separate, trust me, you will never win the world cup, and your local rivals will all be better than you.

not so sure mate, we would have maicon and ronaldinho, for example :D

Surely you wont have to put it into the game if you are manager because you know who can and can't sign yourself.

yeah, but it's not as simple as that. scouts will offer me players from everywhere, and fans will have expectations beyond what is possible, if you understand me... my assistant manager will also offer me players from different teams, and it will be harder to find players with the same loyalty as athletic bilbao players, for example... it's not the same thing, try playing with athletic in FM2010 and you'll understand what i mean. it's a completely different game.

Archived