Minimum fee release clause?

Quick question, when offering a contract who or what decides the figure seen in minimum fee release clause?

I have a 15 y.o probable star who I offered a precontract of 900EU PW but the release clause was 126 m or thereabouts. Its not an issue for me or anything, but I am wondering is it teh player who wants this or my side?

And can it potentially be used to gauge how good the player actually is?

The player would probably want it as low as possible and you would want it as high possible if you had to have one. I think in some countries like Spain they are mandatory. I suppose it could be used to gauge how good the player is to some extent and I would not really follow it as I think there are far more attributes that are more important in determining how good the player is.

Quick question, when offering a contract who or what decides the figure seen in minimum fee release clause?

I have a 15 y.o probable star who I offered a precontract of 900EU PW but the release clause was 126 m or thereabouts. Its not an issue for me or anything, but I am wondering is it teh player who wants this or my side?

And can it potentially be used to gauge how good the player actually is?

Sometimes it's the Player, it gives him a get-away chance if he becomes famous and/or wants to move.

Sometimes it's the club, either to force other teams to pay over the odds or to recieve a definate sum to recoup incurred costs.

In some cases yes, though some countries have blanket MRC's that don't indicate anything.

Archived