I qualified for Champions League, but I'm stuck in Euro Cup

Basically what the title says. I've probably played over 100 seasons of FM in my life, and never encountered this.

I'm playing as Chelsea in the Premier League. I won the premier league, AND the champions league, and I have the 3rd highest European co-efficient.

For whatever reason, it has me playing in the group stage of the Euro Cup along with the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th placed English teams from the previous season.

Only the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placed teams from the previous season are in the Champions League.

The Champions League Group Stage draw hasn't occured yet, only the Euro Cup has. The strangest thing about this, is when I look at the seeded teams for the Champions League, it says I am in the group stage, and when I look at the seeded teams for the Euro Cup, it doesn't even include me!

Here are the 4 pictures which best tell the story.

RwSVx.jpg

1SCWF.jpg

z6XK7.jpg

S66ED.jpg

Anyone have any idea whats up?

I saw a similar thread earlier on today in the bugs forum. It said that they are playing in both European competitions at the same time.

Yup, found out this happened to me too. Guess I need to buy a couple players :(

The big question is going to be...if I win the Euro Cup AND Champions League, who will play in the EURO Super Cup?

Yup, found out this happened to me too. Guess I need to buy a couple players :(

The big question is going to be...if I win the Euro Cup AND Champions League, who will play in the EURO Super Cup?

you against your reserves lol

Why doesn't this bug happen to me? :(

I want it!!

This... would be a nice thing to win eight trophies in one season [English Quad, European Treble (not actually possible IRL) and the World Club Cup]

Of course, would need a larger squad, I think even my super-fit players would struggle with that haha

This... would be a nice thing to win eight trophies in one season [English Quad, European Treble (not actually possible IRL) and the World Club Cup]

Of course, would need a larger squad, I think even my super-fit players would struggle with that haha

That would take 83 matches and that is excluding European qualifiers and FA Cup replays. :eek::D

A few notes:

I am on 10.3

I'm taking this as a challenge actually, and rather happy about it since I am in both tournaments (originally I thought I was only in EURO cup).

My squad is large, I play a heavy rotation system already - so I should be decent provided I don't have any big injuries. I'm 5 seasons in, and I have old players like John Terry, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, and Robinho who don't play any matches...so they can backfill my squad.

Very interested to see what happens if I win both tournaments.

A few notes:

I am on 10.3

I'm taking this as a challenge actually, and rather happy about it since I am in both tournaments (originally I thought I was only in EURO cup).

My squad is large, I play a heavy rotation system already - so I should be decent provided I don't have any big injuries. I'm 5 seasons in, and I have old players like John Terry, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, and Robinho who don't play any matches...so they can backfill my squad.

Very interested to see what happens if I win both tournaments.

This happened to me with Spurs and it was quite fun to give it a go, toward the end of the season (if you are still in both cups) you will end up playing 3-4 games a week so you will need a massive squad or a load of decent youth players. I was sending teams out with 80-85% fitness levels by the end of it.

Archived