Sir Bobby Charlton is made out of gold?

So I noticed that United completed a takeover and went to check what was going on. Sir Bobby (promotion from within) not only took control of his beloved club, but somehow managed to clear ALL except £33M of the club's massive debt. Really?! More power to him/them I guess but really?!

He's just fronting a consortium or a publicity-shy sugar daddy. Everybody knows Bobby Charlton is mande of football talent and bad combovers.

That would make sense, but the news items I found indicate it's a regular promotion from within. I have no personal experience with media shy sugar daddies, but when my Livepool team was taken over it was quite clear that it was a consortium that made the bid. It just looked a bit strange to me is all.

That would make sense, but the news items I found indicate it's a regular promotion from within. I have no personal experience with media shy sugar daddies, but when my Livepool team was taken over it was quite clear that it was a consortium that made the bid. It just looked a bit strange to me is all.

Sometimes a sugar daddy will be so hidden that it wont come out in the media. I tend not to look at the newspapers too much so I don't see too many takeover reports, but I've seen it commented on here once or twice.

Archived