Finally discovered the true purpose of holiday mode

To skip the days between games, even with 120,000 players loaded, my PC can now holiday a season in about an hour if not less. With the amount of breaks during the day and such it draws the process out enormously with the game just sitting idle because I used to be able to get a couple minutes in on the forum as it was processing fixtures and whatnot. So the holiday feature is speeding the game up enormously for me holidaying the days between games where theres nothing important to do.

I just set-up a standard small, English game with 10,000 players up at 15:29, start date 14th July, on holiday its now 15:31 and its the middle of September lol.

15:39 and its done a full year - I'm thinking I should leave this on overnight on holiday mode see how far into the future I can get see if I can rival that 200 year in the future save lol.

I only ever use it from the last game of the season to the opening of the transfer window at the start of the next season. And even then usually I use that time reading scout reports, so holidaying is a rarity for me.

I've used it then a few times, great for speeding up the time and getting the scout reports in.

When SI eventually implement the ability to purchase cars and houses with manager money it will be important. Although right now it's not really a big deal.

I guess they'll be doing that when they merge with EA and it becomes FMSims?

Seriously though there is no need to add fluff like that into the game.

When SI eventually implement the ability to purchase cars and houses with manager money it will be important. Although right now it's not really a big deal.

and i hope they never will.. but it could be important for players who want to make the most money for there own record achievement

I thought the force continue was only available in network play, and still requires you to hit continue to get the countdown started, so that wouldn't be too likely to rectify the issue. My holiday time has gone from about 2 weeks a season to spending more time on holiday than I do actually there lol. When I am just playing FM and not nosing abotu on these forums etc as well then I stay just focusing on FM but its so much easier as others seem to have flagged up too.

I thought the force continue was only available in network play, and still requires you to hit continue to get the countdown started, so that wouldn't be too likely to rectify the issue. My holiday time has gone from about 2 weeks a season to spending more time on holiday than I do actually there lol. When I am just playing FM and not nosing abotu on these forums etc as well then I stay just focusing on FM but its so much easier as others seem to have flagged up too.

No, force continue in network games is not the same thing as continue game timeout in single player games. And no it does not require you to hit continue - that's the whole point of it :D it will continue the game until something happens that needs your interaction (e.g. a match or a news item that requires a response.)

To skip the days between games, even with 120,000 players loaded, my PC can now holiday a season in about an hour if not less. With the amount of breaks during the day and such it draws the process out enormously with the game just sitting idle because I used to be able to get a couple minutes in on the forum as it was processing fixtures and whatnot. So the holiday feature is speeding the game up enormously for me holidaying the days between games where theres nothing important to do.

I just set-up a standard small, English game with 10,000 players up at 15:29, start date 14th July, on holiday its now 15:31 and its the middle of September lol.

15:39 and its done a full year - I'm thinking I should leave this on overnight on holiday mode see how far into the future I can get see if I can rival that 200 year in the future save lol.

Isn't NASA upset you are hogging one of their computers?

I run a holiday on my set and it takes 2-3 hours for a full season, Premier League only on small database. It's not that old either (a year or two), and has 4 GB of RAM :(

I only have 4GB of RAM, its dual channel overclocked at 1800mhz though, but my processor is an i7 920 D0 which is at 3.77ghz. FM does process great on 8 threads though, definitely pleased I went for the i7 rather than an i5 lol. This pc is going to last me 4/5 years though, and I'm sure by the time FM15 comes around it'll be struggling to do it lol.

This game is an awful lot about processor speed tbh. Thought I'd see a solid increase when I got 4GB ram instead of 1GB, but I didn't notice very much. I only have a dual-core processor, so it's a couple of years old I guess. Which seems to have a huge effect. I could probably overclock it a fair bit cause my memory is top-end with good hardware elsewhere, but not sure I want to take that risk for not that high reward.

Although the PC is already pretty silent, it annoys me, so more wheening is not wanted ;)

I have a watercooler (corsair H50) so it allows me to get a lot more out of it than a lot of aircoolers up until the really bulky ones which wouldn't fit in my case, even then its meant to be on parity. One thing the i7's do is get rid of the standard FSB and can communicate a lot faster with each other, mine is currently at 6.6GT/s the iX cores usually come at 4.8GT/s but some other top end like AMD's X6 are only around 4.0GT/s so having a higher rate of information passed between cores is helping enormously too.

Archived