Different bids accepted

I'm Leeds and bidding for a young player, Chelsea and Porto have also bid.

Chelsea have offered 1.2mill +clauses, while Porto have bid 800k which have all been accepted. I offer 800k and the team (Sparta) come back and say they want 1.2mill +20% which I offer, they then come back and say they want 2.2mill + 20%, but hold on a minute, the club have accepted bids of a lot lower and I have offered what they asked for. I could understand if I was on there disliked list, but I'm not. I've tried offering other things in the contract like 500k after 30 games and they still wont budge.

This makes no sense, any ideas why?

I'm Leeds and bidding for a young player, Chelsea and Porto have also bid.

Chelsea have offered 1.2mill +clauses, while Porto have bid 800k which have all been accepted. I offer 800k and the team (Sparta) come back and say they want 1.2mill +20% which I offer, they then come back and say they want 2.2mill + 20%, but hold on a minute, the club have accepted bids of a lot lower and I have offered what they asked for. I could understand if I was on there disliked list, but I'm not. I've tried offering other things in the contract like 500k after 30 games and they still wont budge.

This makes no sense, any ideas why?

Well, you're supposed to negotiate. If they ask 1,2m+20%, I'd offer around 1m without future clauses.

Seems like they sense some weakness in your determination when it comes to bidding. One asking isnt the fool, its the one offering ;)

edit: you havent set a deadline when making the counterbid, have you? That tends to screw it up..

Also as they have offers on the table and accepted, they are in their rights to ask for more from you. What have they got to lose, if the player signs for you they get more money, if the player signs for one of the origional teams then they are no worse off.

That is my take on it, but to be honest I don't really think this was a deliberate programming decision and is just another part of the weird and wacky FM10 transfer system.

The same weird and wonderful system that can result in negotiations forcing the price of the player up rather than down. I offer 5 million, they ask for 10, I offer 7.5 million they say well actually now the price is 15 million, so I offer the origional 10 million and they say, tough luck the price is now 17.5 million.......

Well, you're supposed to negotiate. If they ask 1,2m+20%, I'd offer around 1m without future clauses.

Seems like they sense some weakness in your determination when it comes to bidding. One asking isnt the fool, its the one offering ;)

edit: you havent set a deadline when making the counterbid, have you? That tends to screw it up..

No deadline.

I offered them what they asked of me.

I've had the exact same thing happen a few times. Also, it happens when a club will actually list a specific asking price for a player, then you make a bid for that amount, and then they come back to you asking for more money. It's a bug actually and one I have reported to SI already. One of the SI people who asked me upload my saved game said that this is a bug indeed.

I've had the exact same thing happen a few times. Also, it happens when a club will actually list a specific asking price for a player, then you make a bid for that amount, and then they come back to you asking for more money. It's a bug actually and one I have reported to SI already. One of the SI people who asked me upload my saved game said that this is a bug indeed.

Interesting that it's classed as a bug as I'm sure it's happened in other versions as well. Should have been fixed by now, right?

Archived