Applying for new job

Its year 2028, Im one of the top managers in the game currently. With Crystal Palace in EPL as title holders. And ive felt its time to move on again after era's at Juve, Zaragoza and now Palace. Ive now applied for about 10 different teams, low division teams in France, Italy, Spain and also couple top teams in Spain (Zaragoza for example) but noone will have me.

Should i resign from the Palace job first, i.e do the small teams have to pay a fee for me and cannot sign me for that reason? Or something like that?

Small teams indeed cannot afford the release fee and might also just don't offer you a contract thinking that they couldn't afford you anyway.

Zaragoza will not hire you because you were there already and upon leaving in FM10 you are always entered on the hate list of your ex-club which is unfortunate but true :(

For the rest, you should be able to attract job offers from other top clubs, assuming your reputation is worldwide.

Glad it worked out for you. I'm thinking of doing similar after a career across Europe has taken me to Real Madrid but I've got so much money to spend I'm finding it's not as much fun. Once I've finished restructuring them I might resign and take a job much lower down in another country.

Thanks guys, resigned and applied couple and went for Messina in Serie C2. They're pretty screwed and no cash, morales all red. seems like a challenge.

LOL,thats my hometown team!We played in serie A 3-4 seasons ago and we finished in 7th place in our first season in serie A,but after that the chairman started to screw things up and we went bankrupt.....now we are in a division lower than the serie C2. :(

bring us hot fans back to the glory please! :D

LOL,thats my hometown team!We played in serie A 3-4 seasons ago and we finished in 7th place in our first season in serie A,but after that the chairman started to screw things up and we went bankrupt.....now we are in a division lower than the serie C2. :(

bring us hot fans back to the glory please! :D

I thought ive seen them in the top league not that long time ago. The team in my game is and most of all, was, utterly poor. About third of the 1st team squad are youth team players. Well was anyway, Jan transfer window just opened and signed a dozen players. (Italians and Dutch, as im manager for Holland as well and able to see Dutch players ratings) After 8 games with them Im 6-1-1 and 5th now.

Messina has a pretty massive stadium, 40k capacity and im getting crowd around 3k lol.

Ill let you know when Ive won the title ;)

I'm with Liverpool and it's just turned 2029, and at the end of the season it will be 8 hugely successful seasons at the club. My contract runs out at the end of the season, and I plan to leave at the end of it, my wages are so high that no club would want to pay the compensation if I didn't let it run out. Plus, I don't want to be on the disliked list!

Yeah,they built the new stadium for our 1st season in the serie A....and 3 years later we went bankrupt,what a joke.

The former chairman is currently being sued because hes suspected to have taken money from the team's finances,to use it on his other businesses(which were and are going bad),which led us to bankrupt and relegations to amateurs league :(

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet there, in the glory days that is. First full season in Serie C2 i got promoted, first season in C1 i got promoted. First season in Serie B i was in mid table, second season now halfway through and standing 3rd. So this might be the season. Team is still poor and got wage budget of 70k/w, managed to make to 95k/w as ive sold some players. Not getting crowded though, around 10k coming to see the games..

So if I managed Man Utd at the start of the game for 3 seasons. Then move on. Then 20 seasons later. Will Man Utd not accept a Job Offer from me? If they were in neeed of a manager.

I have returned to a club where I had managed before so it is possible.

I knew you were automatically removed from icons list in you resigned (a terrible feature), but I didn't know you were put on some kind of hated list, that is shocking and a terrible thing to put in the game imo, especially if you leave after a long time and lots of success.

I knew you were automatically removed from icons list in you resigned (a terrible feature), but I didn't know you were put on some kind of hated list, that is shocking and a terrible thing to put in the game imo, especially if you leave after a long time and lots of success.

IIRC you can avoid this happening by waiting until your contract expires and leave by not signing a new one.

what if your on the legends/icon list and you leave after an ultimatum? the few times iv given an ultimatum the fans were on my side, so would i be on a hate list if i left?

Archived