Aguero - To keep or not to keep

Advice please - Into december 2nd season with liverpool. Finished 1st season 2nd place afer a late surge saw me go last 15 games unbeaten with 14 wins.

So new chairman takes over, gives me some money and i decide to blow the majority on someone to partner Torres.

I spent 47million on Aguero.

17 games (and 4 subs) later and still he has not scored, he is playing OK, avg 6.8, but i need goals.

Should i stick with him or try offload in Jan and buy someone else?

If you have only just bought him give him time to settle in. i have found that occasionally i will buy a striker who will be poor the 1st season but after he has spent a season getting used to the club he performs brilliantlly.

OK, gonna take your advice and stick with him. I have managed to raise some cash by selling Aquilani for 20mill. So i have £23mill to spend and going to spend it on a striker - any advice? I already have Vagner Love and obviously Torres. I had both Dzeko and Cardozo at the club last season but sold them in the summer due to lack of goals (as im sure you can tell im impatient), so i need someone who hopefully will settle quickly and start scoring?

OK, gonna take your advice and stick with him. I have managed to raise some cash by selling Aquilani for 20mill. So i have £23mill to spend and going to spend it on a striker - any advice? I already have Vagner Love and obviously Torres. I had both Dzeko and Cardozo at the club last season but sold them in the summer due to lack of goals (as im sure you can tell im impatient), so i need someone who hopefully will settle quickly and start scoring?

How about Rossi from villereal?

Wait you can't get Dzeko, Aguero and Love to score? I'm sorry but you are the one that has a problem here not the players.

Love scoring OK, Torres too, but i play 3 strikers so need another. Dzeko now at milan and still not scoring, likewise cardozo went to valencia and is not scoring. I am more than happy to accept i am not the worlds best manager but that still doesnt solve my problem.

Torres and Aguero have never lived up to there potential on any of my Liverpool saves, they have always done okay and that's it. Strange as I hear people raving about them all the time and other strikers I buy can be insanely good. Maybe it's just a formation thing, but I don't think it is, as statistically they seem to have what it takes. Maybe I'm just rubbish at man managing prima donnas?

Personally, If I could get most of the money back for a player that expensive, who has flopped after a season, I probably would if they were over the age of 26.

Sergio Aguero as you can see is wicked in the EPL this is a screenie of him on my missus game. Last season he averaged 7.74 scored 33 in 44 with 17 assists. He is brilliant but it took him around 3 or 4 months to settle in. Personally I would keep him but if you are having trouble getting all those strikers to score it might be worth looking at your tactic. Could also be worth changing to an AMC and two Strikers. Put Aguero behind Torres and another striker and the goals will fly in.

"You can sell Benayoun for £10 million meaning using monthly instalments you can spend £40 million which is easily enough to buy both players."

Hmm I'm not sure about this usually Liverpool only give you 40% of the Transfer fee recieved from sales in the first season so you would only get 4 million if you sold Benayoun for 10 mil + the 2.5 mil you get at the start of the season will only give you 6.5 million.

Torres and Aguero have never lived up to there potential on any of my Liverpool saves, they have always done okay and that's it. Strange as I hear people raving about them all the time and other strikers I buy can be insanely good. Maybe it's just a formation thing, but I don't think it is, as statistically they seem to have what it takes. Maybe I'm just rubbish at man managing prima donnas?

Personally, If I could get most of the money back for a player that expensive, who has flopped after a season, I probably would if they were over the age of 26.

Give Aguero a season. On previous saves I have partnered them up and they have been awesome together. It must definately be your tactics on this as I see Aguero as the perfect partner for Torres and actually for most out and out strikers.

I don't want to run in and say that "it's your tactics" but maybe you should look at them - because perhaps you are playing a style where Aguero doesn't gel too well - perhaps with 3 strikers there is too much competition for the ball up the front? Maybe you're playing too wide (assuming aguero plays throught the centre)? Perhaps your not playing the ball down enough (too much crossing?)?

Is Aguero actually getting any shots at goal? What's his shots on target %? How many assists?

On another note, I personally feel that selling Cardozo was a mistake.

Playing 4-3-3 with Atletico in my game, and using aguero on the side as a complete striker or whatever its called in english. first season he didnt start up before a few games, but scored 36 goals and had 29 assists in 45 games, 2nd season he score 33 goals and 35 assists in 50 games. But ofcourse it depends on how your team is playing etc, but atleast for me he is doing brilliant.

Dude, settle the F down. Instead of replacing world class strikers with other world class strikers, stick with what you have. The reason none of them are scoring is because you're not playing them properly...And don't ever sell a player without having a replacement agreed to join or at the very least a shortlist of interested and affordable replacements.

Definitely keep!!

What you said about him kind of rang true with me after my first season with him, i always felt like he was getting rubbish ratings and not playing well. I persevered and now he's settled he and rooney are playing brilliantly together.

I do make slight tweaks to how my team plays for each opponent and the strikers im using as obviously if im playing chelsea/bolton/stoke and putting lots of crosses into the box can i seriously expect aguero to outjump their centre halves?

I dont use the tactics wizard but i tend to use aguero in a withdrawn role playing through balls and dropping off to supply rooney/berbatov and im now scoring hatfuls. I also give aguero really high creative freedom (im very strict with this for other players) and he's really come to life! I'm actually envious of you because i think playing aguero as i do with torres in the other role would be one of, if not the best partnership i could get!! Chances of me signing torres though are slim to none!!

Lastly, i got him to learn 'tries first time shots' too which together with his 'places shots' means his finishing is ruthless...!

btw, what are his first season stats, just checked and was surprised that despite my negative memories he got:

Played - 30, scored 20, Assists 7, MoM 4... Average rating was only 7.06 though...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=206300

Try this tactic, plays 3 upfront with a AMC aswell, i play a combination of Aguero, Rooney, Agbonlahor, Neymar, Welbeck, Macheda as the 3 upfront, have played Aguero as AMC a couple of times with good results.

I bought Aguero in my third season for £52m and im in march of that season, he has a goal ratio of 1 goal every 2 games, he gets assists on top of that. He mainly sets up Rooney who has a goal ratio of 4 goals very 3 games!

cant recommend this tactic any more highly, best one ive found, should help aguero and torres score many goals :)

ok so on my game i have Torres Aguero and Dzeko all of whome score 25-30+ a season

Torres's highest was 42 Agueros 30 and D's 38. im in my 5th season and still have all 3 and each are scoring quite alot, my main striker is of course Nando and hes got 23 in 17 with 12 MOM's

Advice please - Into december 2nd season with liverpool. Finished 1st season 2nd place afer a late surge saw me go last 15 games unbeaten with 14 wins.

So new chairman takes over, gives me some money and i decide to blow the majority on someone to partner Torres.

I spent 47million on Aguero.

17 games (and 4 subs) later and still he has not scored, he is playing OK, avg 6.8, but i need goals.

Should i stick with him or try offload in Jan and buy someone else?

Well, I guess I'll see if he's worth it too, in my 2nd season for my Manchester United game, i spent 68 Million to get him!, lol.

Interesting thing is, not sure how I did not go over my budget, because i only had 33 Million in my Budget, and I choose to pay 28 mil up front, while 40 Million over 48 Months, so technically the upfront money was 38 Million I think if the math is correct. (40*.25= 10 Million)

Gonna make for an interesting season for me, that's for sure.

"You can sell Benayoun for £10 million meaning using monthly instalments you can spend £40 million which is easily enough to buy both players."

Hmm I'm not sure about this usually Liverpool only give you 40% of the Transfer fee recieved from sales in the first season so you would only get 4 million if you sold Benayoun for 10 mil + the 2.5 mil you get at the start of the season will only give you 6.5 million.

dude you've obviously not started as liverpool

edit: okay, you probs have but are niave with what you can do with them/the budget there

I'm in 2016 with Atletico Madrid. Aguero and Neymer upfront are beasts! Great partnership and score for fun. A bit different from you cause you have bought Aguero, he has moved to a different country with new surroundings. Do not sell him! Give him a season or two to settle in and I'm sure he will start performing. I would recommend Neymer as a partner for Aguero.

Archived