Friendlies abroad increase Fanbase & Merchandise?

If you arrange friendlies to be played in the US or parts of Asia like the big teams do IRL will there be an increase in merchandise sales and will the club get an increase in reputation and fanbase? Is this in the game? If not should it be included?

If you arrange friendlies to be played in the US or parts of Asia like the big teams do IRL will there be an increase in merchandise sales and will the club get an increase in reputation and fanbase? Is this in the game? If not should it be included?

I think if you do it as a tour then you get some benefits. Im not sure about single friendlies

Someone did some research about this and found that there was hardly if any rise in merchandise sales. Others believe that it does work so I'm not sure but I do them anyways. I would like finances/merchandising inc. tours to be improved on in FM11.

I think a hint in the game said a preseason tour to a place where you have a merchandising feeder club does increase your merchandise revenue (I read it somewhere anyway :D), however I never really noticed any significant difference in the game.

Its true in real life, Man Utd made far more when they signed Park Ji Sung in terms of shirts being sold in asia than their pre-season tours out there would raise in terms of immediate impact. However, I do pre-season tours each season and after 3/4 seasons have noticed its going up even though my club is still held in the same esteem.

Archived