Weird question..

The managers live forever, but they do retire eventually. The game would be better if players/coaches could die e.g. in a football match a player just collapses and the game is abandoned. You then find out he has died and your players attend the funeral. It sounds extreme, but it does happen in real life.

The managers live forever, but they do retire eventually. The game would be better if players/coaches could die e.g. in a football match a player just collapses and the game is abandoned. You then find out he has died and your players attend the funeral. It sounds extreme, but it does happen in real life.

Don't be ridiculous. No need for this in the game is there? Children play this game for goodness sake.

you have got to be joking

one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard

that is sick

Unfortunately legal reasons hold us back. Just like with fighting and drug bans. Quote me if you think SI should bring back fights and drugs for regens!

(I'd love to see it in 3D:D)

Unfortunately legal reasons hold us back. Just like with fighting and drug bans. Quote me if you think SI should bring back fights and drugs for regens!

would be funny to watch but like you say, just for regens.

I find this very funny mate!! :D

Are you actually being serious ?? I would really love to known whether ppl capable of makng such comments actually exist

please, i would love to hear more as to why you think this makes the game better ?

Fights, deaths, drugs and accidents happen in real life and to be fair they should happen in this game which strives to be realistic, only legal reasons and questionable morals stop it being implemented.

I for one think it should be in the game, but everyone will have their own opinion.

No it shouldn't happen in game. Not needed at all is it?

AG, thats a tad harsh, I remember watching when Vivien-Foe collapsed and died :/

This is precisely the reason why, anyone who saw this would not want to watch a reenactment in a 'game'. Unless you are sick and twisted.

Yes exactly what my 'game' needs is fighting and drugs! As if there's not enough IRL.

Fights, deaths, drugs and accidents happen in real life and to be fair they should happen in this game which strives to be realistic, only legal reasons and questionable morals stop it being implemented.

I for one think it should be in the game, but everyone will have their own opinion.

So you're saying you have questionable morals?

Nobody on FM will ever die, as SI have said very often.

This basically. Its been said a million times and really doesn't need to be discussed again.

As edgar has said above, these type of incidents have been brought up on the forums many times and we have been told, quite categorically, that they will not happen in the game.

Discuss it if you wish, but cut out the personal comments please.

I don't think player deaths/drugs would really add anything to the game.

There are better things that could be implemented to better mimick real life. Agents being given a bigger role, for instance. More contact with the FA over post-match comments about the referee, etc.

World football is trying to remove drugs and fights from football so why put it in the game.

Such a stupid idea might aswell put in racism chants and all the other bad things that unfortuantely happen IRL

But if your trying to keep it out of football you shouldnt include it in a football simulation game

How do you think they could justify suing?

Defamation of Character is the legal term. Say you take control of Barcelona, and every few weeks you get a message saying "Bojan was sent off for fighting on the pitch", or "Bojan failed his drugs test today". It would make people think that Bojan was like that in reality, so it would defame him.

iirc, the players going to nightclubs and missing games/training only happens to regens now, to get around this, do you get what I mean?

Would be bad if it happened to your team, for instance, when Enke commited suicide Hannover went on a dismal run conceding goals left right and centre inc. 3 og's in one game iirc and only survived on the last day of the season.

I take it your forum nickname is funny sarcasm?

Defamation of Character is the legal term. Say you take control of Barcelona, and every few weeks you get a message saying "Bojan was sent off for fighting on the pitch", or "Bojan failed his drugs test today". It would make people think that Bojan was like that in reality, so it would defame him.

iirc, the players going to nightclubs and missing games/training only happens to regens now, to get around this, do you get what I mean?

Yeah but they're not doing anything wrong like what you said. They're just dying. Although I wouldn't want to see it in the game I don't think anybody could sue for it.

This is a really interesting thread with some remarkable ideas and theories but at the end of the day, it isn't right to incorporate deaths and drug bans etc.

Many things happen irl such as crowd violence, racism and transfer bungs and we vertainly don't need that in the game. Just look at Diego Buonanotte, in a car crash earlier in the year, all his friends died and he was lucky to survive. Instead of SI making a thing of it they just made him unavilable from a set date - that's how it should be.

Funerals? You're having a laugh!

Archived