Job interviews

Why can't we have these when applying for a job?

It would be similar to press conferences. You get asked questions about

Immediate plans (avoid relegation, qualify for europe etc)

Budgets neededto achieve goals

long terms goals

etc.

Some answers would increase youe chances others would be looked upon badly. Your chaimans personality is important here.

If I promise Ken Bates to avoid relegation and don't i'd expect to get sacked. If I promised the same to the middlesborough chairman and was relegated he might let me stay on. It needs a lot of work, but for me is a must.

thats a good idea, only problem is the press conferences at the moment need a lot of improvements, so if it is the same as press conferences then it could be a problem, if however press conferences do get improved and it will be the same type of thing as them then i am all for it!

thats a good idea, only problem is the press conferences at the moment need a lot of improvements, so if it is the same as press conferences then it could be a problem, if however press conferences do get improved and it will be the same type of thing as them then i am all for it!

The thing is the main problem with press conferences is that they become tedious as they happen so often, job interviews would only happen once for every club you were with i.e. when applying for the job. Press conferences usually happen at least once a week in the game.

I'd like something like that. Or being able to have meetings with your chairman once or twice a season, something more in depth than just asking for something and the boss saying yes or no.

For example, I'd like to be able to talk to my board about building a new stadium, as any reasonable board would have built one by now with the comfortable situation we're in, but all I get is "Can't expand because the council will never allow it".

I'd like something like that. Or being able to have meetings with your chairman once or twice a season, something more in depth than just asking for something and the boss saying yes or no.

For example, I'd like to be able to talk to my board about building a new stadium, as any reasonable board would have built one by now with the comfortable situation we're in, but all I get is "Can't expand because the council will never allow it".

I totally agree with this. I think there should be Staff Meetings every few weeks, Better Press Conferences and just in general, alot more communication beetween players,staff, and board memebers

Archived