Penalty and Set Piece Takers

• SI Staff

If you do manage to work it out pls let me know - its not something I've heard about before (only comment I've had before is that sometimes the freekicks ARENT taken by the set takers - this is intentional when a freekick is outside of scoring range or taken quickly for an advantage).

I've noticed that every time you fill this in (or the captain's place) it only lasts while the indicated player is selcted fro the games. If he doesn't play in one of the following games, it gets blank. It's always been like this hasn't it?

• SI Staff
I've noticed that every time you fill this in (or the captain's place) it only lasts while the indicated player is selcted fro the games. If he doesn't play in one of the following games, it gets blank. It's always been like this hasn't it?

Yeah thats a limitation with how its been implemented (I might well try and change that for a future version).

• SI Staff

I've just quickly tested that here - ensured set-piece/corner takers are selected, cleared team and they're still correctly selected - can you double check that wasn't just a coincidence?

Nope, you're right, I did the same and they're still there. It was blank when I first went in to it though and they were definitely set previously. Pretty much every time I check it, it's blank. Unless I'm checking it to let you know and then they're still there! Typical! It's probably just me. I'll report back if I spot anything more useful. Thanks Marc.

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff
Still doing it for me, just randomly takes out everyone that you had selected, and replaces them with someone no-where near as good! :(

We're trying to reproduce this in house - as Richard indicated though its like a telephone, never rings when you're looking for it to ....

Archived