Youth coaches: Star rating vs Working with youngsters?

Basically, I was wondering two things:

1. Which is the most important for a youth coach: their star rating or working with youngsters attribute?

2. Are youth schedules actually any more effective than regular schedules? (e.g. TUGs)

When I start a new game, I usually overhaul the backroom staff straight away, hiring a new assistant, assembling a team of scouts and often sacking most of the (usually lacking in star rating) youth coaches, instead opting to find coaches with the highest star ratings in each area. This works out at about 8 or 9 coaches, plus an extra one or two to bring their workload down to "light" rather than "average" or "heavy".

But recently I began to wonder whether this actually was the best policy and maybe I should reconsider, possibly splitting my coaching staff into two units: one for the first team (with high star ratings) and one for the youth team (sacrificing star ratings for a higher working with youngsters attribute).

If anyone could shed some light on this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Personally I never use youth coaches.

Just sign general coaches and then they can work with all players. On top of that any decent player earns a contract at the first opportunity and thus trains with the main squad.

Archived